PDA

View Full Version : Quick question

Helpinghands
27-07-2008, 06:21 PM
I have just taken on a new mindee who has a holiday booked the end of august. Should I be charging them for the week their away?

I have stated in their contract they have to give 8 weeks notice.

sarah707
27-07-2008, 06:36 PM
I ask for 2 weeks notice... so I'm no use to you, sorry! :cool:

chubbymummy
27-07-2008, 06:39 PM
it's up to you what you do, it is your business,

i state in my contract that they have to pay full fee for their hols and no fee for mine.

i think you have to go with your gut feelings on this one, i have to say that in this instance i would probably say to pay 1/2 fee for the 2 weeks as they are new but give a gentle reminder to the parents that in future i will charge full fee

Helpinghands
27-07-2008, 07:15 PM
Ok, thanks.

Maybe 8 weeks is a bit harsh!?

Pudding Girl
27-07-2008, 08:33 PM
I have 4 weeks written notice on either side.

I think in this instance I would not ask them to pay as it is so soon, but make sure they knew that normal rules applied from then on in, but that's just moi

angeldelight
27-07-2008, 08:34 PM
I would ask for 4 weeks notice and I would charge when they are on holiday

Angel xx

katickles
27-07-2008, 08:36 PM
As above x

Bushpig
27-07-2008, 11:04 PM
I had this with a child who started mid June. I went on hol for a week 2nd week of July. They knew of holiday when we first met up many weeks ago. I wasn't thinking of charging them for their couple days holiday pay to me as they had only been with me for a couple weeks.. but they put the pay into their cheque automatically.

So yes, they should, in theory, be paying you holiday pay I think, but it is quite soon after starting, so your judgement call.

Hannahlg
28-07-2008, 08:44 AM
well yes there should pay if it says to pay full in when there on hoilday

i think if he jsut do half or not pay then there might try to get you to that again next time there have an hoilday

mum2two
28-07-2008, 11:56 AM
I've just had this. Had someone come round about 3 weeks ago, to start the following day. Read my holiday policy, and they said they're on holiday this week - so not 4 weeks notice.

Obviously as they weren't with me 4 weeks before hols, then they couldn't give me 4 weeks notice, so I charged them half fee (as per my policies), as they gave me maximum notice they could.

Kelly x

miffy
28-07-2008, 12:04 PM
it's up to you what you do, it is your business,

i state in my contract that they have to pay full fee for their hols and no fee for mine.

i think you have to go with your gut feelings on this one, i have to say that in this instance i would probably say to pay 1/2 fee for the 2 weeks as they are new but give a gentle reminder to the parents that in future i will charge full fee

I agree with Cathy - they are new and a bit of leeway is not a bad thing but then I'm a softie :)

Miffy xx

mrsb
28-07-2008, 05:41 PM
If they told you about the holiday before you signed the contracts then I definately wouldn't charge them - that's just me though, only because they'd had it planned before coming to you so I would feel awkward charging them for it :)

Helpinghands
28-07-2008, 07:52 PM
Thanks for all your opinions.

I think I've made a split decision to charge only half fees and half fees when I'm on holiday. Then I'll feel less akward and they may stay longer.

Cheers

Jo xx