PDA

View Full Version : What do you do.....

derwen25
30-06-2014, 01:37 PM
I have someone who wants their child to come for 3 weeks b4 the summer hols and see how they get on. I have done permission forms. Do they need a contract as its only 3 weeks. They've paid upfront so no issue with not paying. Just looking for a bit of advice

Mummits
30-06-2014, 01:46 PM
Are you with Pacey? If so, I'd use a short term childminding contract for this as it incorporates the child parent and emergency contact details, which you will need, however short the contract period. Also, although they have paid up front, that doesn't stop parents trying to claim the money back, so I'd say you need to cover yourself by either getting them to agree to no refunds in any circumstances, or specifying how much you will/won't return in various circumstances (if you decide not to offer care, if you are ill, if they decide to keep child home etc) and make sure this is documented - so yes, I'd say a contract of some description would be wise, as otherwise it could be your word against theirs.

derwen25
30-06-2014, 01:54 PM
Are you with Pacey? If so, I'd use a short term childminding contract for this as it incorporates the child parent and emergency contact details, which you will need, however short the contract period. Also, although they have paid up front, that doesn't stop parents trying to claim the money back, so I'd say you need to cover yourself by either getting them to agree to no refunds in any circumstances, or specifying how much you will/won't return in various circumstances (if you decide not to offer care, if you are ill, if they decide to keep child home etc) and make sure this is documented - so yes, I'd say a contract of some description would be wise, as otherwise it could be your word against theirs.

Thanks for that :-) Yes with Pacey so will book some short term contracts later.

tulip0803
30-06-2014, 03:51 PM
Are you in Wales? I think you are. In Wales we have to have a contract in place for all care however short. It is a requirement of the NMS. So if you were only caring for a child in Wales for one day you MUST have a contract. The Pacey short-term contracts say they are for England only, they don't do a Welsh version.

I have written a basic ad-hoc/ short-term contract with basic details and also has a place for parents to sign to say they understand that care can only be given in regards to spaces available due to CSSIW ratios. CSSIW were happy with this.

derwen25
01-07-2014, 08:25 PM
Are you in Wales? I think you are. In Wales we have to have a contract in place for all care however short. It is a requirement of the NMS. So if you were only caring for a child in Wales for one day you MUST have a contract. The Pacey short-term contracts say they are for England only, they don't do a Welsh version.

I have written a basic ad-hoc/ short-term contract with basic details and also has a place for parents to sign to say they understand that care can only be given in regards to spaces available due to CSSIW ratios. CSSIW were happy with this.

Hi Thanks for that. I was thinking of writing my own as Pacey ones maynot have got here ontime. Was going to google see what kind of thing came up. I dont feel right not having a contract. By ad hoc you mean like on a as and when basis dont you?

tulip0803
02-07-2014, 08:45 AM
Hi Thanks for that. I was thinking of writing my own as Pacey ones maynot have got here ontime. Was going to google see what kind of thing came up. I dont feel right not having a contract. By ad hoc you mean like on a as and when basis dont you?

Yes - that way I have a contract in place when and if they come back again for a day or two.

Mine takes the basic bits from a pacey contract - child details, address, parent details etc, rate per hour, fees up front non-refundable if they don't come, signature, signature for understanding a place can only be offered due to ratios - all usual permissions, child record etc also filled in

Chatterbox Childcare
02-07-2014, 10:17 AM
As long as both parties sign it is a contract. Why not type something up like:

Your Details:

Child Details:

Contracted times and Days:

signed by: You Parents

Obviously all the normal record information, parental responsibility, consent forms would need to be completed as well.

derwen25
02-07-2014, 09:48 PM
Yes - that way I have a contract in place when and if they come back again for a day or two.

Mine takes the basic bits from a pacey contract - child details, address, parent details etc, rate per hour, fees up front non-refundable if they don't come, signature, signature for understanding a place can only be offered due to ratios - all usual permissions, child record etc also filled in

Fab - thank you! :-)