PDA

View Full Version : Early Learning Centre Market stall problem. I need help tracking down a part!

Jayse74
27-06-2014, 04:14 PM
We decided to bring out our Early Learning Centre Market stall again (Wife asked me to sort it). New mindee's love real world play and so I fished out the stall from storage. Started putting it together only to find there are a couple issues.

ELC use these little plastic things on some of their wooden toys. We have an elc pirate ship that uses them. They allow the wood bits to join together, stay put and then be removed again when its tidy up time. They seem to break easy if no care is taken! well it appears so...

Well the stall has 3 of them that have snapped. So I am now wondering:

Can I obtain these things as spares?
If not should I just drill them out, glue and screw everything down so its permanent?

Basically my weekend is sorted lol. Might aswell paint it and go the whole hog lol :)

fionamal
27-06-2014, 04:59 PM
The wee clips things seem to break very easily. Ours broke too and hubby has made it a permanent structure now as we couldn't source the clips

Jayse74
27-06-2014, 05:59 PM
Yes I will be sorting this out asap! I will have to drill, glue etc. Very annoying these clips are not available!

I am thinking about how to create some sort of solution but it means alot of time which we do not have. I wish ELC have chosen something a bit more sturdy tbh.

Chatterbox Childcare
28-06-2014, 03:30 PM
Have you contacted the depot in Swindon?
Check this too I am looking for a spare part / replacement part for an item? - Ask ELC a question (http://help.elc.co.uk/help/products/spares_pushchairs)

Jayse74
30-06-2014, 02:31 PM
Thank you :D

I kinda decided to grab a temp fix which seems to have worked out really good! much better than I hoped. I cheated a little and put some bonding glue on the two loose slats and its so strong I was able to lift the whole thing up. It is defo fixed solid now!

Now should I paint it? or brior-wax it? at the moment its just bare wood, possibly very light-stained but its just untreated. The kids will love this stall, ive just grabbed 5seconds until the my wife comes back from the school run.

:)