PDA

View Full Version : risk assesment templates

Mrs.L.C
27-07-2008, 05:42 PM
Can any 1 send me ideas for risk assesment templates that are simple to do for the different outings I do with the children?

crazybones
27-07-2008, 05:54 PM
There are a few on the Bromley site.

angeldelight
27-07-2008, 08:40 PM
Yes like Annie says the Bromley website have some

Angel xx

miffy
27-07-2008, 09:10 PM
As i understand it now you only need risk assessments for different types of outings not every trip you do

Or did I dream that? :rolleyes:

Miffy xx

justgoodfriends
27-07-2008, 09:20 PM
That's right, they changed it in the May EYFS amendments :)

Bushpig
27-07-2008, 10:57 PM
As i understand it now you only need risk assessments for different types of outings not every trip you do

Miffy xx

Yes, thankfully! I have risk assessments for each outing we go on. I also do risk assessments of the garden, common, local park... not an outign per say as we go there daily practically, but still it's getting out and about.

Mrs.L.C
28-07-2008, 10:46 AM

Miffy xx

So does that mean for example, if I ahve one for a park - that covers all parks we go to? and if I had one for walks - thats for all walks no matter where?

Bushpig
28-07-2008, 10:50 AM
I personally would do one for each park.... each has different hazards...

crazybones
28-07-2008, 10:51 AM
It means one Park will need a risk assessment. If you go to a different park you will have to do a different assessment of that particular park because the hazards in that park may be different - eg entrance situated near road, duck pond, etc etc

miffy
28-07-2008, 12:15 PM
It means one Park will need a risk assessment. If you go to a different park you will have to do a different assessment of that particular park because the hazards in that park may be different - eg entrance situated near road, duck pond, etc etc

I agree with that and also for the walks - depends where you are walking.

Miffy xx

Mollymop
28-07-2008, 12:32 PM
Oh no!! I can't believe it - a risk assessment for every walk, for every park we go to! Gosh I am now gonna be so busy.

miffy
28-07-2008, 12:33 PM
Oh no!! I can't believe it - a risk assessment for every walk, for every park we go to! Gosh I am now gonna be so busy.

Only if they present different hazards

Miffy xx

sue m
28-07-2008, 01:37 PM
Sandra, I was going to ring you and ask you this morning lol. L wanted to go to the park so I took him to our local one. Didn't know what to do about the riest asessment so now the kids have gone home, I'm going to do it now. There was no broken glass or dog poo but by the one bench there, there were lots of fag ends which I kicked away with my foot?!? Some little (or bigger) swines had been on there and the swings were wrapped round the top frame and I couldn't reach them so all they had was the slide.

So, stupid question I know but WHEN do we do the risk assessment for walking to the local park???? :blush: