PDA

View Full Version : Do you charge parents if they...

helendee
26-06-2014, 03:09 PM
ask you to swap a day and you are then ill on that day and unable to work? I am poorly today and had to cancel my work but one of the little ones usually comes on a monday instead of thursday and I am not sure now if I should charge for the monday or not?

Hope that makes sense. x

Goatgirl
26-06-2014, 03:16 PM
I wouldn't charge in that situation as I'd have agreed to the swap and then not been available: I don't charge when I'm not open.

Mind you, I am unlikely to agree to regular 'swaps' unless its for my benefit. Parents wanting to change days are usually expected to pay for them as extra.

It will all depend on what you have agreed with parents and your fees policy. :)

helendee
26-06-2014, 03:19 PM
Thanks for the reply. I am a bit torn as to what to do as I don't charge if I make the place unavailable, however I was working on Monday when the place was available but unused.

Dilemmas!

AliceK
26-06-2014, 03:45 PM
I don't think you can charge really. Yes the child should have attended on Monday but you agreed to swap the day so the fact that you were then unfortunately unable to work that day is kind of just tough on you. I would just put it down to bad luck and forget about it.

xxx

helendee
26-06-2014, 03:50 PM
Yes I think I will do that this time. In future I will make it clear that if a similar situation should occur I will still charge for the original day.

Thanks guys. x