PDA

View Full Version : need every tues morning off for hospital for a few months, worried

ziggy
25-06-2014, 01:46 PM
i need to attend hospital every tues morning for few weeks, possibly months. This is my busiest day. All 3 families have close family who i'm hoping will help out. I'm worried that when i tell parents they may go elsewhere. Having said that i am only registered childminder in area and nearest nursery is 24 miles away

Advice please?

tess1981
25-06-2014, 01:49 PM
I'm a big believer in if you don't ask you will never know.
Can you swap any if the days for the Tuesdays? Most parents are understanding especially as it's a valid reason. But do be prepared for some to be put out and try be understanding if they do look elsewhere

shortstuff
25-06-2014, 02:04 PM
I would also suggest just asking x your families know how wonderful you are x they wont want to lose you x

loocyloo
25-06-2014, 02:20 PM
hope everything is ok ziggy.

xxx

tess1981
25-06-2014, 02:30 PM
hope everything is ok ziggy.

xxx

Oh yeah second that x

Mouse
25-06-2014, 02:49 PM
All you can do is be honest with them.

Hopefully they will all try to make alternative arrangements while they need to. If not and some decide to look elsewhere, at least you can advertise their spaces and let any new parents know you can't do a Tuesday morning just yet.

I take it you've phoned the hospital to see if you could change the time or day? We were very fortunate in that when I had to take my daughter for weekly appointments, they managed to arrange them for a Friday, my day off.

Hope all is OK with you xx

ziggy
10-07-2014, 04:27 PM
well, i plucked up the courage to tell the 3 families today that i need Tuesdays off. They were all really good about it. Pregnant mummy even told me that she is leaving child 2 days a week when she's on maternity leave and wants me to have new baby when she goes back to work.

so after weeks of indecision it all turned out for the best