PDA

View Full Version : Pre reg visit done, what next??

flipflop20
25-06-2014, 12:51 PM
Hi all, not been on in a while but things have moved on. I had my pre-reg visit yesterday and the lady advised me that she was recommending me :) I'm very excited and can't wait to get going. I've sorted out my insurance today and handing in my notice at work on Friday, so will be ready to start minding from August.

I've started advertising through facebook, childcare.co.uk and have printed some flyers. Is there anything else I can do?

Also, when a new child starts I am assuming u have to do an assessment of their current stage so you can plan next steps. Has anyone got a template or help with how to do this.

Thanks
Rach

Vikki5531
25-06-2014, 01:36 PM
Congratulations! I was thinking about you yesterday and was wondering how it went.

I've got mine next week and I'm so nervous! How did you find it? Xx

flipflop20
25-06-2014, 06:08 PM
It was good. The lady was really nice and made me feel quite comfortable. Just before she arrived I caught the dog having a poo on the grass, so by the time I got to the door I had a poo bag in hand and was quite flustered. She showed me her ID and I let her in.
I offered her a drink and then we sat down. She started by asking the questions, reworded from the pre-reg booklet (which I had open in front of me) she helped me along a lot and it was more of a discussion rather than question and answers.

That took a couple of hours in total and then I showed her round the house and talked about the risk assessment. My garden is a work in progress yet and needs complete new fencing which I have ordered and ready to go up this weekend, she was happy with that. Lastly she went through all my id documents and said that although she doesn't make the final decision she is recommending me and as long as ofsteds checks are fine (I can't see that I wouldn't be, and will be completely shocked if they have anything) I will have my certificate in 2-3 weeks.

The whole visit took 3hrs, and was really helpful and made me think about some areas a little more. I didn't have my kids here as one was at school and the other was with his childminder so I was able to fully concentrate. I was sooooo nervous my poor husband has had to deal with one stressed wife for the last couple of weeks, but it was fine.

I cannot wait to get started now

Vikki5531
25-06-2014, 06:24 PM
It was good. The lady was really nice and made me feel quite comfortable. Just before she arrived I caught the dog having a poo on the grass, so by the time I got to the door I had a poo bag in hand and was quite flustered. She showed me her ID and I let her in. I offered her a drink and then we sat down. She started by asking the questions, reworded from the pre-reg booklet (which I had open in front of me) she helped me along a lot and it was more of a discussion rather than question and answers. That took a couple of hours in total and then I showed her round the house and talked about the risk assessment. My garden is a work in progress yet and needs complete new fencing which I have ordered and ready to go up this weekend, she was happy with that. Lastly she went through all my id documents and said that although she doesn't make the final decision she is recommending me and as long as ofsteds checks are fine (I can't see that I wouldn't be, and will be completely shocked if they have anything) I will have my certificate in 2-3 weeks. The whole visit took 3hrs, and was really helpful and made me think about some areas a little more. I didn't have my kids here as one was at school and the other was with his childminder so I was able to fully concentrate. I was sooooo nervous my poor husband has had to deal with one stressed wife for the last couple of weeks, but it was fine. I cannot wait to get started now dde01. Good luck with ur visit I'm sure it will be fine xxx

Thankyou so much for the feedback :)

I hope my visit is only 3 hours, another member has had their registration visit today that was 7 hours, eek!!!

Hope you get your certificate soon xx