PDA

View Full Version : 2yo soft / runny nappies (tmi)

Rickers83
24-06-2014, 09:22 AM
Lo age 2, on 3 solid meals a day, poos are always soft almost runny. Have mentioned it to mum but she doesn't seem too concerned.

Today it is so runny i could pour it out of the nappy & it stinks to the point of making me gag!
How do i distinguish between when he is ill and when its just a poo... I cant send him home everyday.

tess1981
24-06-2014, 09:34 AM
This is a tough one I remember having a lo and even when out of nappies his poo was so runny all the time. When in nappies a normal day would consist of at least one change of clothes it went up his back down legs.... everywhere. His sister was the same. There was nothing wrong. I vomited one day changing him it was always so bad.
See what the next nappy brings and look are any back teeth coming through

Rickers83
24-06-2014, 09:38 AM
I've checked in his mouth, no signs of teeth, i think hes got them all.

Mum did say he had been under the weather at the weekend & was off his food. I will see what the next ones like as he is very quiet & heavy eyed

AliceK
24-06-2014, 09:55 AM
If his poo's are always soft / runny he could have toddler diarrhea which is quite common and nothing to be concerned about, it doesn't mean he has the normal kind of diarrhea which needs excluding for. I have had 2 young children with this, they stay like this until they are potty trained. It's not nice - for us - but it's normal for the child.

xxxx

Rickers83
24-06-2014, 10:03 AM
Yes i wondered if it could be this, its just I am concerned as to how I will know if its a genuine illness, until my dd gets it & then i have to close without pay :(

I think i will watch him today as he was not well at the weekend & is very heavy eyed

Kerry30
24-06-2014, 10:31 AM
I have an lo (3yrs) still in nappies whose poo is always quite loose and sometimes runny and they always smell very bad!!......hence why i have now started wearing gloves for pooey nappies!!!
Its so hard to tell then if the childs got a bug or something. I would go on instinct. When u know a child well you generally know if they are unwell or just abit under the weather. I had an lo yestrday who was quiet, didnt want to eat and tired but i didnt feel needed sending home.

ziggy
24-06-2014, 11:44 AM
I had a 2yr old mindee who was a big boy and would eat constantly. He was allowed to eat as much fruit as he wanted at home, just helping himself. His nappies were awful and he could have 4 a day.

I decided to only offer fruit at snack or meal times and limit amount he had, seemed to work and his nappies were much better.

jackie 7
25-06-2014, 08:25 AM
I had a lo like this. When she started I mentioned to mum who had not thought it was different. Got a lo today who had such a nasty poo I would have sent home except mum had told me she had found her eating a big tonlerone.

Rickers83
25-06-2014, 10:09 AM
I've just text mum as this is the second one I've done today. It is so watery & u can hear it bubbling out (sorry tmi) poor little thing looked scared and could barely walk to the bathroom!

AliceK
25-06-2014, 11:52 AM
I've just text mum as this is the second one I've done today. It is so watery & u can hear it bubbling out (sorry tmi) poor little thing looked scared and could barely walk to the bathroom!

Oh that doesn't sound right at all :panic:

xxx

Tms
27-06-2014, 07:56 PM
I have experienced this one of my LO's (went on for 12 weeks) blamed on teeth etc. pushed mum to take to docs they said it was nothing I asked here to 2nd opinion, they finally took samples and upshot was kid had nasty bug in intestinal tract, not contagious unless you ingested the poo (good job for gloves and anti bac wipes), kid had antibiotics for at least 3 weeks but now all back to normal ! Although when it comes to poo matters if it goes on too long I would get checked, my niece had toilet problems runny poo and constipation at same time over 3 months and childminder was not worried (not me by the way) and I pushed the matter and it turned out that she had cancer (nuroblastoma) lucky to have caught it as its a very nasty cancer (after 4 years she is now cancer free for now). I think my rule is if you think its not right then more likely its not, kids cant always tell you when not right so I always think if I was in there position of pooing like that for days and days would I be worried and answer would be yes, so doctors always better to be safe than sorry when kids involved.