PDA

View Full Version : Worried

Blueeyedminder
24-06-2014, 07:48 AM
I have a mindee who's 13 months and still isn't crawling!! I've tried all sorts to try and encourage them to no avail! At what age does this become a real issue?

QualityCare
24-06-2014, 08:07 AM
was baby a prem this will delay some developmental milestones, does baby move in any way (bum shuffling), does he show any signs of pulling himself up, what does he do when he can't reach things does he cry for someone to get it for him is he the youngest in a large family where every one does every thing for him, do you put things slightly out of reach so he has to make the effort to reach out, how is his speech and other developmental stages, movement wise he is about 3/4mths delayed, are his parents concerned if so get them to speak to hv or Dr. neither of my children crawled or toddled they got up and walked at 17mths and were full time babies so its not unusual they managed get what they wanted and were not frustrated in any way.

Maza
24-06-2014, 08:15 AM
What are his physical skills like in general? How is his muscle tone and co-ordination?

Blueeyedminder
24-06-2014, 09:16 AM
was baby a prem this will delay some developmental milestones, does baby move in any way (bum shuffling), does he show any signs of pulling himself up, what does he do when he can't reach things does he cry for someone to get it for him is he the youngest in a large family where every one does every thing for him, do you put things slightly out of reach so he has to make the effort to reach out, how is his speech and other developmental stages, movement wise he is about 3/4mths delayed, are his parents concerned if so get them to speak to hv or Dr. neither of my children crawled or toddled they got up and walked at 17mths and were full time babies so its not unusual they managed get what they wanted and were not frustrated in any way.

LO was not prem and is reaching and even exceeding other milestones (speech and intellectual).. I do understand that some areas excel and others don't but it's becoming a real pain in the butt picking up and carrying a rather chubby baby 5 days a week!! LO can reach for things but once she's on all fours she screams! I do 'tummy time' etc.. I've tried talking to mum but she doesn't seem concerned and is happy to cuddle her and pick her up at the slightest whimper! Arghghgh?!?

tess1981
24-06-2014, 09:35 AM
My lo was one in April and never crawled took if walking though a month ago

Koala
24-06-2014, 01:06 PM
LO was not prem and is reaching and even exceeding other milestones (speech and intellectual).. I do understand that some areas excel and others don't but it's becoming a real pain in the butt picking up and carrying a rather chubby baby 5 days a week!! LO can reach for things but once she's on all fours she screams! I do 'tummy time' etc.. I've tried talking to mum but she doesn't seem concerned and is happy to cuddle her and pick her up at the slightest whimper! Arghghgh?!?

That's your answer. Why should she/he exert his/herself if he/she has a slave to do it?? I wouldn't worry for now but keep an eye on the situation and review in another month, but putting independence building strategies in place, i.e not giving things to lo, put everything out of reach and leave the room and see if lo gives in and moves, sometimes you have to be a bit canny to move forward, literally.