View Full Version : tax return

27-07-2008, 01:54 PM
As i have only been minding a few months im not too sure about when i will be sent a tax return form to fill in, does it depend on when you start or is it the same month for all childminders? also how long after returning it do you usually pay the tax.

27-07-2008, 02:48 PM
You will get a self employed tax return form in April next year... it will be for the period from April 2008 to April 2009. It doesn't matter when you started work, this is when they come out.

When it comes it will say what the time limits for completion and paying are ... it's best to put away 20% of what you earn for tax, now they've abolished the 10% band. You'll have a nice little nest egg saved if you don't need it :D

28-07-2008, 09:58 AM
I am (trying) to put 20% away too.