PDA

View Full Version : help with people carriers

pinklady756
22-06-2014, 10:53 AM
I have a Mazda 5, which I absolutely love, but now I have an assistant it just isn't big enough. It's only really a 6 seater and the middle seat (2nd row) folds away and leaves a nice gap so it's easy to get kids in the back.

What I'm looking for a is a car for 7, that will fit 3 baby/toddler seats in the 2nd row, and has a gap between the 2 seats in the 3rd row so children can get in from the boot. I can't be taking the seats in/out to pull the seats forward to access the 3rd row.

Anyone recommend something? I would like the car to be as small as poss, really don't want to be driving a bus!!

chris goodyear
22-06-2014, 01:36 PM
I have had a Ford Galaxy for the past ten years and I find it great. It's very easy to drive and the middle row of seats fold forward to get children in the rear seats ( but they usually love to climb in from the boot end). I'm just shy of 5' but drive it no problem! If you have the baby seats right in the back they can stay there and put ones that are easy to get in and out (the seats - not the children!) in the middle row it should make things easy.

tulip0803
22-06-2014, 01:37 PM
I loved my old Galaxy - I used to put the older children in through the boot door to the 2 back seats rather than behind the middle row as there was a wide enough gap between the rear seats. I have a zafira (hate it) at the moment and am looking something else as I find it a pain particularly as I have so many different children in different age groups throughout the week I am constantly changing car seats about:(

Bumble Beez
22-06-2014, 06:45 PM
I had a galaxy when I first started minding and it was great...two back seats had enough room for LOs to get in and out via boot.
I also had an Smax...lovely again, but a little too small at the back.
However the best vehicle I ever had for space, easiness and practicality was my traffic passenger!! 9 seats, HUGE boot space and rubber wipe clean flooring throughout...

Now I have an Astra and it's just not what I need...miss my bus loads :'(

Sarah x

tigwig
22-06-2014, 08:48 PM
I currently have a Renault grand scenic. I have 2 forward facing seats in back and 1 in the middle of the 2nd row. This means I access the back seats by folding down the other middle row seats iyswim. Ideally I would like more space but it works for me at the moment. The car is leased and next year am looking into an 8 seater as me and oh work together and will be able to take on 6 little ones through day as our youngest starts ft school in sep.

pinklady756
24-09-2014, 07:58 PM
Thanks everyone for the earlier advice, I'm going to have to make a decision about the car in the next couple of months.

We have 5 little ones between the two of us, what I'm ideally looking for is a 7 seater that fits 3 baby seats in the second row and have the 2 of the group 2/3 high back booster with 5 point harness in the third row. So either second row seats must be able to slide forward/back when baby seat is fitted or little ones can access the third row via boot.

Any suggestions other than galaxy to consider?

mama2three
25-09-2014, 06:10 AM
The grand scenic would work - I have 3 seats in the middle row , then boosters (either high back or basic seats ) in the 2 rear seats and there is enough space to get in through the boot. Not a great deal of boot space left once the 7 seats are up but I have been told a nipper double fits .

smurfette
25-09-2014, 07:41 AM
The grand scenic would work - I have 3 seats in the middle row , then boosters (either high back or basic seats ) in the 2 rear seats and there is enough space to get in through the boot. Not a great deal of boot space left once the 7 seats are up but I have been told a nipper double fits .

That's me too.. I use a phil and teds and it stands up in the well in the boot

pinklady756
25-09-2014, 08:06 PM
Brilliant! I have P&T pushchair too. Will definitely have to look at the Grand scenic!!

Thanks

hectors house
26-09-2014, 08:32 AM
Brilliant! I have P&T pushchair too. Will definitely have to look at the Grand scenic!!

Thanks

I replaced my old scenic last year with just a newer model wish I had thought more about it and gone up to the Grand Scenic to give me a bit more room - as some times I think I could take on more children if I had my daughter working properly for me as my assistant - wouldn't want my daughter taking children in her car as she is only 19 and hasn't long passed her test!