PDA

View Full Version : Wedding themed activities

FloraDora
21-06-2014, 09:04 PM
Just received a photo from mum of a LO who attended a wedding today all dressed up....I wasn't aware she was going to a wedding - I would like to follow this experience up when she comes to me on Tuesday. I have down loaded Princess Poppy at a wedding book on ipad kindle as she is an avid reader/ explorer of books...thought I could get a small world scene but all far too expensive ...so any ideas with minimal prep as we are going out for the day tomorrow, would be really appreciated.

amyp
21-06-2014, 09:26 PM
Bouquet making, cake making, toilet paper dresses, dancing, tiara making xx

watford wizz
22-06-2014, 06:48 AM
Looking at weddings from different cultures, collage making from wedding mags, wedding poems, owl and pussy cat, songs I'm getting married in the morning, watch royal weddings x

Maza
22-06-2014, 07:25 AM
dressing up - lots of scarves for veils, jewellery, flowers, setting tables with a table cloth and table decorations or buffet style dining, writing invitations or cards, table name cards, decorating the ride on toys with ribbons etc. We have got some polystyrene cylinders from M and S (something to do with cake making) and we stand them on top of each other and decorate them (they look like a tiered wedding cake.

bunyip
23-06-2014, 07:03 AM
Wilko's sell a bride & groom spoon people kit for about £1.

I got them for a mindee whose parents are getting married this summer. :thumbsup:

smurfette
23-06-2014, 07:49 AM
Wilko's sell a bride & groom spoon people kit for about £1. I got them for a mindee whose parents are getting married this summer. :thumbsup:

That sounds really cute!!

FloraDora
23-06-2014, 08:39 AM
Thankyou all, just off into town now with your ideas.....mum has sent me a pic of uncle, her on her wedding day and granny, I have some too so I will make a little family and friends wedding album ....to start it all rolling. I have found some old, but still white net curtains in the fabric ottoman in the loft so am hoping to make a little dress....poundland, home bargains, pound stretcher......wilkinsons and the market...here I come.
Since I will probably cover weddings with more thought when another LO is at a wedding later in year.......how much budget should I give myself today is my next dilemma!