PDA

View Full Version : Nappies

AliceK
20-06-2014, 11:48 AM
Hi

I am unreasonable to expect when LO's are dropped off that they are in a clean nappy?? I am getting sick of them being dropped off, usually when I am waiting to go out on a school / nursery run and their nappy is full to bursting. What would you do?

xxxx

greanan
20-06-2014, 11:51 AM
Hi I am unreasonable to expect when LO's are dropped off that they are in a clean nappy?? I am getting sick of them being dropped off, usually when I am waiting to go out on a school / nursery run and their nappy is full to bursting. What would you do? xxxx

Yep I'd def be asking that yet come in a clean nappy

line6
20-06-2014, 11:59 AM
Yes I would too. Tell the parent that because you are going straight to school it is not nice for the lo to have to sit in a wet nappy which is on the brink of leaking. If they can't bring them in a dry nappy please arrive 15 minutes earlier and be aware that you will be charging accordingly. Poor little child that's just laziness of the parent IMO.

Koala
20-06-2014, 12:01 PM
I would just change them and maybe think twice about sending home in a clean nappy, but then realize I couldn't do that - it's just a thought and that it is what they deserve. :D

I understand how disgusting, inconsiderate and purely selfish this is and I would NEVER send my lo anywhere in a dirty nappy, but some folk are just ******

I have long since stopped expecting consideration from parents for our workload or schedule. :panic: The truth is they just don't care. :panic: It makes life a lot easier to just accept this :thumbsup:

tess1981
20-06-2014, 12:18 PM
This is why I love policies in one it talks about arriving at setting and general info and states nicely that if a parent truly running late leave child in pjs and I will change them but make sure the morning nappy is changed before arrival

hectors house
20-06-2014, 01:16 PM
Some children do just poo as regular as clockwork about 15 - 30 minutes after a meal - I have 2 children who get down from lunch and within 10 minutes they have soiled their nappies - some children are exactly the same after breakfast and tea, maybe you need to suggest to the parents that the child has breakfast earlier and then some down time so they have time to fill nappy and be changed (maybe parents leave in highchair with a few toys to occupy them so they can finish getting ready for work). I used to have a child who always soiled nappy coming to me in the car each morning.

AliceK
20-06-2014, 01:44 PM
Some children do just poo as regular as clockwork about 15 - 30 minutes after a meal - I have 2 children who get down from lunch and within 10 minutes they have soiled their nappies - some children are exactly the same after breakfast and tea, maybe you need to suggest to the parents that the child has breakfast earlier and then some down time so they have time to fill nappy and be changed (maybe parents leave in highchair with a few toys to occupy them so they can finish getting ready for work). I used to have a child who always soiled nappy coming to me in the car each morning.

It's not pooey nappies it's very very very wet ones. The ones where the nappy is literally about to burst. It also doesn't matter what time they are dropped off it's always the same. I have drop offs virtually all day long. Today I am referring to an 11am drop off.

xxxx

hectors house
20-06-2014, 03:19 PM
It's not pooey nappies it's very very very wet ones. The ones where the nappy is literally about to burst. It also doesn't matter what time they are dropped off it's always the same. I have drop offs virtually all day long. Today I am referring to an 11am drop off.

xxxx

They must give the child a lot to drink in the mornings then, or do you think it's the overnight nappy still on? I would take child from parents, feel the nappy and then tell the parent to change it while you are getting other children ready to go out.

Kerry30
20-06-2014, 03:52 PM
It could just be that the child has had lots to drink and by the time they've got to you its all filtered thru (if u know what i mean!). I must be lucky, as if any of my lo's turn up in soiled nappies the parents have always said sorry and just asked for the change mat and done it themselves!