PDA

View Full Version : Assistant leaving- i dont want to go it alone

amyp
19-06-2014, 07:53 PM
My assistant is my best friend we have been CMing for 7 months but she has decided to leave . We have 6 kids under 19months. I haven't got the energy to go it alone and I don't want a new assistant! I also miss time with my 19 month old just the 2 of us! How do I choose which kids to let go? Do I keep those with least days? Or least hours? Or the ones I find easiest?

hectors house
19-06-2014, 08:42 PM
Sorry you are losing your childminding friend / assistant - don't really know which children you should keep and which to let go, I would work out how much income you need to live on and chose the children who will give you that income but also take into account their attendance hours - if you want to spend more time with your own child maybe give notice to the children who stay the latest. Maybe you could say to parents that you only want to work certain days or certain hours and for some parents that won't suit them and they will choose to leave anyway.

blue bear
19-06-2014, 09:14 PM
Last in first out?

amyp
21-06-2014, 06:12 PM
I think I will end the contract with the only one who comes all year- my others are term time!