PDA

View Full Version : After school children

claire85
18-06-2014, 05:26 PM
Hello , just wondered if any of you find after school children difficult with their attitude and behaviour ? really struggling with 2 after school children at the mo x

line6
18-06-2014, 05:48 PM
I quite often find my own hard work after school with or without mindees! Mine are 9 and 7 (and a 4 year old due to start in sept). I also have mindees aged 4 (reception) and 3 (preschool) plus a baby one day a week. They all come out of school tired and starving no matter how much lunch they've had and at the moment they are usually hot and bothered too which doesn't help. Attitudes are not great until they've had a drink, a snack and a chance to chill for a bit. Certainly no point in trying any activities that don't involve the park or letting them do whatever they choose at home.

MrsP2C
18-06-2014, 08:26 PM
I agree with everything trudi says. Most days when it's nice weather I take snacks & drinks to the park, sit on a rug for picnic snack then let them have a run around to let off steam before heading home.

MrsP2C
18-06-2014, 08:35 PM
Oh and I rule school age children (inc own DC) with an iron rod. I find they soon realise what they can & can't get away with and as long as I'm consistent things run far smoother. I honestly can't be doing with bickering over toys (1 warning then removal of said toy) or boys fighting (zero tolerance - results in time-out however old they are

ziggy
19-06-2014, 07:05 AM
my last schoolie left in december. Life is so much easier with 3 babies, something i thought I would never say!!! I now charge £10 per hour for schoolies, as they just arent worth the stress. I dont have children of my own so dont need to do school run.

This will be first summer holidays without schoolies and i am so looking forward to it.

Do you need the income from schoolies? If not I would give notice