PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast

Snowwhite
18-06-2014, 04:01 PM
Out of interest do you all tend to provide breakfast for minded children including babies? If so is that only if they arrive by a set time? (especially if you have a school run to do) Or do you find it easier to just not provide it atall?

loocyloo
18-06-2014, 04:05 PM
I do breakfast for children who arrive at 7.30. No breakfast after 8am as getting ready for school etc and need kitchen cleared for when we get home!

I did have a babe who arrived at 8.30 but he used to wait until we got back home at 9 for breakfast!

funemnx
18-06-2014, 06:14 PM
The children who have breakfast here bring their own and I add milk to the cereal and then make toast for everyone. Some come at 7.00 and the rest usually arrive about 8.00 which makes it a bit of a rush to leave the house at 8.30...

watford wizz
18-06-2014, 06:55 PM
I have to leave house by 8 so can do quick breakfast 7.30 otherwise they wait till after school run/eat in transit if able x

AliceK
18-06-2014, 07:22 PM
School age children need to be with me at 8am to have breakfast. LO's I usually give it when we get back after the school run.

xxx

samb
18-06-2014, 07:25 PM
I open officially at 8 after breakfast but if they are booked in earlier they come for breakfast.

Snowwhite
18-06-2014, 07:44 PM
Interesting. Have always thought a cut off time off 8.10am for me as get kids ready to leave house for 8.30ish, but i'm now thinking of 8am as most young kids are up by 7am anyway so that should give a parent enough time to give brekkie at home then make there way to mine.No parent has ever travelled a great distance to get to mine anyway.If someone arrived at mine for before 8am i will offer brekkie but i tend to wait until a new parent asks before mentioning it,in the hope their child will have it at home.Haven't yet had a baby for breakfast but i think i would be inclined to ask parrent to feed baby at home due to the length of time it can take.Wouldn't want to be feeding baby breakfast after 9am as we would be off to a playgroup then plus breakfast session has ended! Does that seem fair?

tigwig
18-06-2014, 08:05 PM
Sounds fair to me yes. I have a cut off point at 8. Of course theres always one who arrives at 7.59 oh we're just in time for breakfast aren't we?!