PDA

View Full Version : Help and advice

jack_jessie
18-06-2014, 12:22 PM
I on completing my CYPOP5 course and have only assessment 7 to finish then I am done, I still have two questions to answer 5.5 compare how other resources available for children support their play? Which I believe they want me to adapt answers to compare the benefits for drop in sessions and going to the park and I have question 4.2 Explain how they would adapt routines to meet the needs of the children at different ages and stages of development? I think I have looked at this computer screen for too long as I can't seem to get started and was hoping to celebrate tonight after two months of hard work getting it finished.

If anyone could help point me in the right decision or give me some pointers it would be much appreciated.

Thank you

loocyloo
19-06-2014, 08:41 PM
hello

sorry, its a LOOOOONNNNGGGGGG time since I registered and so am not much help with questions! but hopefully by bumping this up, someone else will be able to help.

regarding adapting routines for different ages and stages, I guess its about having things suitable for the different ages - such as a buggy for the walk to school for babes, reins for EY walkers etc. how you would incorporate sleeps into your day, of if babes need feeding or meals at different times. at the moment I have a 14mth old who needs to be in his bed/buggy for a sleep by midday. this means he needs lunch by 11.30! he often has lunch whilst we are still out & about, so that he can then sleep when he needs to. everyone else, including me, has lunch around midday ish, once babe has gone to bed. as he gets older, I will push lunch back, until we are all eating lunch together. I have an older child who doesn't have an afternoon sleep, but when everyone else goes to bed for their sleep, has a 'quiet time' reading books on the sofa for half an hour. then we do activities more suitable for an older child, such as puzzles with lots of pieces that little ones would destroy, or play on the computer, or play board games.

good luck x