PDA

View Full Version : PACEY online level 3 query

Rubybaby
17-06-2014, 10:25 PM
Hello all..
I'm considering applying to do the Level 3 Children and Young Peoples Workforce Diploma online with PACEY,and as I've not studied online before wondered if anyone who is doing it has any thoughts or advice?
I've checked out other training providers (fees seem reasonable in comparison) but need to sort this out before the entry requirements change in September! Thanks in advance x

shortstuff
18-06-2014, 04:50 AM
Im completing mine with pacey. The difference is that I go to college on some occasions. Im not sure how much support you would have access to but that would be one of y questions before starting.

Simona
18-06-2014, 08:12 PM
Hello all..
I'm considering applying to do the Level 3 Children and Young Peoples Workforce Diploma online with PACEY,and as I've not studied online before wondered if anyone who is doing it has any thoughts or advice?
I've checked out other training providers (fees seem reasonable in comparison) but need to sort this out before the entry requirements change in September! Thanks in advance x

The Level 3 changes in Sept 2014...it will be EYE and if I understand it correctly there will be a certain amount of 'hands on' practice required

Pacey and many other providers already have advertised this...prices vary too

Rubybaby
18-06-2014, 10:50 PM
Thanks for the replies..
I contacted them today and spoke to a very helpful lady regarding support,and was assured of regular online and e mail support, so that's fine, but now I have another query...I'm not sure if the ICP unit 1 introducing Home Based Childcare which I completed before starting childminding (we had to do it within 6 months of being registered, as I recall), is the equivalent of CYPOPS 5 which they ask if you have when applying to do the full Children and young Peoples level 3?. It makes a difference to the cost of the course (a bit),and seems to be a mandatory unit of the level 3 , but if I've already done it(under a different title), why would I need to do it again?
Now I'm really confused, and hoping someone can advise!

NinkyNonk
19-06-2014, 01:03 PM
I'm also looking to get on this Level 3 before September (currently waiting for my pre-ref visit)....I contact Pacey and explained what training I have done, and how much would the Level 3 be with them. I've done a 5 day course with my local authority, so not through Pacey, and the price they gave me wasn't including the CYPOP5. Sorry that sounds confusing - but basically I'm assuming that means they accept my LA training! :-)

cookiesncream
19-06-2014, 01:07 PM
Not sure about the CYPOP5 bit, I am doing the PACEY online course and finding the support quite good. I paid the full price but I haven't done the CYPOP5. Just ring or email them to clarify as it is really expensive.

lor
19-06-2014, 06:20 PM
I have recently(just this week) been talking to my LA about my neice becoming a childminder (she currently works as my assistant) and what course would be most beneficial.
As I understand it the CYPOP5 will count as 3 or so modules of the level 3 but she would have to book herself on a level 3 course pronto (maybe pacey) for it not to be a waste when the new EYE qualification comes out in sept!
was also told the the EYE qualifiction requires working with the over 5's which we dont and was told that because this may be a problem for many childminders that there maybe yet another qualification for childminders only!!

Head has been in a spin all week still not sure what she should do ??

xxx

Rubybaby
19-06-2014, 10:56 PM
Thanks, everyone...well,I've just e mailed Pacey about the CYPOP5 query and will keep you posted. The whole training thing is a bit of a minefield, especially when the goal posts keep being moved! Thanks again for all replies xx

Rubybaby
24-06-2014, 10:52 PM
Just an update on the CYPOP5...have queried this now and it appears that there isn't an equivalent to it...you've either done CYPOP5 or you haven't...apparently the ICP has no credit value on the Level 3 Diploma.
So far (and I've only just begun the application process), my e mails and calls have been answered promptly, which bodes very well for future support!
Thanks for all replies xx