PDA

View Full Version : HMCI..whatever next?

Simona
17-06-2014, 07:04 PM
HMCI would like head teachers to fine 'bad parents' who do not read to children....crickey... can't say he is a good role model in working in partnership with parents.

Will HMCI fine inspectors who carry out dodgy inspections and have cost the taxpayers a lot of money...caused untold misery to the teaching profession and EY??...perish the thought!

Schools news from Schools Improvement Net - Fine parents who don (http://schoolsimprovement.net/fine-parents-who-dont-read-to-children-says-schools-chief/)

littlebears1009
17-06-2014, 07:50 PM
And how are they going to prove this? Install cameras in every room of their home! Some of the things they come up with are hilarious!

AliceK
17-06-2014, 09:39 PM
I heard this this Morning along with fining parents who don't make their children do their homework. That along with the new school meals ideas coming into force next January. You just have to laugh at the idiots who come up with all this rubbish. They clearly do not live in the real world :angry:

xxx

hectors house
18-06-2014, 07:19 AM
It's crazy how they come up with these ideas, maybe if they hadn't made CRB's essential for anyone who helps in school you would still get parents and grandparents going into listen children read more.

I do however think that parents who send their children to start school in Reception who aren't toilet trained should have to pay a fee to the school to cover the Teaching Assistants time (changing nappies or soiled clothes) - I was horrified to hear at a School / Nursery cluster meeting to discuss Transition information that Michael Gove is correct when he said that some children are starting school not toilet trained - one reception teacher said she had 3 children in nappies last September, I did ask if any of them had any special needs as I know this school takes a lot of children from a Special Needs Nursery but the answer was no, just lazy parents!

Simona
18-06-2014, 08:44 AM
It's crazy how they come up with these ideas, maybe if they hadn't made CRB's essential for anyone who helps in school you would still get parents and grandparents going into listen children read more.

I do however think that parents who send their children to start school in Reception who aren't toilet trained should have to pay a fee to the school to cover the Teaching Assistants time (changing nappies or soiled clothes) - I was horrified to hear at a School / Nursery cluster meeting to discuss Transition information that Michael Gove is correct when he said that some children are starting school not toilet trained - one reception teacher said she had 3 children in nappies last September, I did ask if any of them had any special needs as I know this school takes a lot of children from a Special Needs Nursery but the answer was no, just lazy parents!

Yes that is another issue that has come up a lot but this govt and Ofsted have to be a bit more tactful in how they address parenting.

I do not recall this toilet training issue coming up many years ago when children used to go to school at the legal age of 5 and 1/4...all children were more or less 'ready and dry'
now children go into school at 2...3...some are ready to be toilet trained others are not...often once in school they regress and start soling themselves again after all the time taken to get them out of nappies

Should govt and teachers not look at child development and realise that that part of development is 'usually' achieved around age 3 without all the pressures put on children, providers and parents alike?
Due to the ratio in school teachers do not have time to change nappies...I can appreciate that...maybe they should not put children in a class of 30 and then complain they need help with toileting?
Aren't schools preparing to take 2 year olds not investing in changing facilities right now?
I have also heard of schools calling parents to come in and change their child...this is unacceptable

Teachers must understand that child development cannot be hurried just so all children fit into their classroom and a school routine...if they want children in school at 2 or 3 then they must look at employing more assistants