PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated

littlepumpkins
17-06-2014, 01:19 PM
How long did your DBS take and from sending your application to Ofsted how long did you wait for your pre-reg visit?
I hate waiting, so frustrated :(

Vikki5531
17-06-2014, 01:30 PM
How long did your DBS take and from sending your application to Ofsted how long did you wait for your pre-reg visit? I hate waiting, so frustrated :(

I understand your frustration :(

My DBS took around 3 weeks, and my Partners around 5 weeks.

I sent my application to Ofsted beginning of April, paid the £35 registration fee on the 14th April and I'm now awaiting my visit.

I keep chasing Ofsted and I'm told they're waiting for my Social Services checks back from my Local Authority.

I also hate waiting, I'm soooo impatient x

covgalxxx
17-06-2014, 04:44 PM
Aww vikki you still waiting it feels like forever

Vikki5531
17-06-2014, 04:46 PM
Aww vikki you still waiting it feels like forever

I know :( I can't really moan though, there have been lots of others who have waited a lot longer than me.

It'll all be worth it in the end (hopefully) xx

covgalxxx
17-06-2014, 04:54 PM
I waited ages, but my own fault 1st, if I throught I was ready after my course, wouldn't have had to pay for my DBS or anything, but pregnancy and having a bad one got in the way.. Your get there, and when ofsted come round its so easy, I wish I didn't worry to much..

Vikki5531
17-06-2014, 06:29 PM
I waited ages, but my own fault 1st, if I throught I was ready after my course, wouldn't have had to pay for my DBS or anything, but pregnancy and having a bad one got in the way.. Your get there, and when ofsted come round its so easy, I wish I didn't worry to much..

Thanks Covgal, fingers crossed xx

Kidston
17-06-2014, 07:04 PM
ive been waiting 7 weeks for my dbs and its still not done. cant believe how slow they are

littlepumpkins
18-06-2014, 06:55 AM
It's been 7wks for mine too :(
I have 2 families wanting me to have their children from September, really think I am in dreamland and won't be registered now till Christmas :(
I don't understand why the final stage takes so long, all the rest was done within a day or two. I rang DBS to chase it last week and she was not helpful at all, suppose they get lots of us pestering them.

Let's hope we all get registered soon x

littlepumpkins
18-06-2014, 06:57 AM
I understand your frustration :( My DBS took around 3 weeks, and my Partners around 5 weeks. I sent my application to Ofsted beginning of April, paid the £35 registration fee on the 14th April and I'm now awaiting my visit. I keep chasing Ofsted and I'm told they're waiting for my Social Services checks back from my Local Authority. I also hate waiting, I'm soooo impatient x

Vikki what are the social services checks they do with LA? I thought our DBS did all the relevant checks?
I'm a Homestart volunteer and just had a CBR with the NHS and these checks never took that long, is it because we shall be working totally independently they are so intense? X

Vikki5531
18-06-2014, 07:24 AM
Vikki what are the social services checks they do with LA? I thought our DBS did all the relevant checks? I'm a Homestart volunteer and just had a CBR with the NHS and these checks never took that long, is it because we shall be working totally independently they are so intense? X

Yep, I thought the same, I assumed the DBS covers all that, but apparently not :(

When Ofsted receive your application, they carry out Social Services checks with your Local Authority (I'm guessing it's to make sure you've not had any involvement with them??) - but mine are taking ages! Xx

littlepumpkins
18-06-2014, 08:46 AM
How long have you been waiting? I'm sure all they need to do is press a button to see we are human and it's all go but obv that's all too much :(
When did you want to be up and running by? X

Vikki5531
18-06-2014, 08:55 AM
How long have you been waiting? I'm sure all they need to do is press a button to see we are human and it's all go but obv that's all too much :( When did you want to be up and running by? X

I finished my LA course in Feb, applied for my DBS straight away, once I'd received my DBS certificate beginning of April, I submitted my application to Ofsted.

I received my invoice from Ofsted on the 14th April to pay the registration fee and their letter stated they aim to carry out my inspection within 9 weeks (i think I'm on the 10th week now!)

I was hoping to be up and running for July, and I'm just trying to keep positive.

I sent Ofsted another email on Monday for an update and I'm just awaiting their reply. Fingers crossed they've got my Social Services checks back xx

littlepumpkins
18-06-2014, 11:30 AM
Fingers crossed, I did my LA course in March, sent my DBS beg of April as we moved house, still awaiting my certificate, I've filled in my Ofsted application with references attached so I'm ready the minute I get my DBS back to submit.

I really do hope I'm ready for September I'm trying not to worry but I've two really lovely families lined up I just would be so upset if I lost them :( x

How quickly did they acknowledge your application? Sorry for all the questions, just excited and want to know the process from someone that is a step ahead, thanks Hun x

NinkyNonk
18-06-2014, 12:13 PM
I'm in the same position...my application to Ofsted was 6th March..at that point my DBS/medical etc was all done (thankfully only took 3 weeks to get my DBS through). The rest (as Vikki) has been waiting for the social services check to come back. Really frustrating - especially as others on my course have had their pre-reg visit already. It seems there are various things that seems to hold this process up. Hopefully we'll all get there soon!

littlepumpkins
18-06-2014, 12:26 PM
Oh this really isn't fair ESP as others are already registered. I have another course in 2wks where everyone on my pre-reg meet again so it will be good to see who else is waiting and who is already up and running but jealously will truly set in then no doubt ;) x

Vikki5531
18-06-2014, 01:53 PM
Fingers crossed, I did my LA course in March, sent my DBS beg of April as we moved house, still awaiting my certificate, I've filled in my Ofsted application with references attached so I'm ready the minute I get my DBS back to submit. I really do hope I'm ready for September I'm trying not to worry but I've two really lovely families lined up I just would be so upset if I lost them :( x How quickly did they acknowledge your application? Sorry for all the questions, just excited and want to know the process from someone that is a step ahead, thanks Hun x

They acknowledged my application within a couple of days and it was passed to a case worker.

They sent my Referees questionnaires out within a week of my application and invoiced me the week after. It was all moving really quickly and then stopped.

I've also got a lovely lady wanting me to look after her baby and she's due to go back to work in a few weeks! Xx

littlepumpkins
19-06-2014, 11:51 AM
I really hope you have your pre-reg soon and you don't miss out on the family you have lined up.
Keep me posted how you get on x

TabbyTuTu
20-06-2014, 08:57 AM
I am so angry with myself, I did my pre-reg course back in November of last year, finished my first aid etc in February... But only just sent the ID checks off for my DBS! The ladies from my local council who do the pre-reg courses all said it would only take six weeks to get my DBS and ofsted sorted.. And I listened :-( So instead of sending things off I've been pratting about re-decorating and random things as I thought, can't really re-decorate while minding.. Looks like I have a loooooong wait on my hands from everyone on here says :-(

Vikki5531
20-06-2014, 06:00 PM
I really hope you have your pre-reg soon and you don't miss out on the family you have lined up. Keep me posted how you get on x

Hi,

Just to let you know I've just had a call from
Ofsted and my pre-reg visit is booked for the 1st July xx

JKL
20-06-2014, 07:04 PM
Hi, Just to let you know I've just had a call from Ofsted and my pre-reg visit is booked for the 1st July xx

Fantastic news! I'm still waiting to hear! Grrr! xx

Bumble Beez
20-06-2014, 07:22 PM
Hi, Just to let you know I've just had a call from Ofsted and my pre-reg visit is booked for the 1st July xx

Yippee :D
You first, then me...we will have to celebrate once it's over lol

Sarah x

Vikki5531
20-06-2014, 07:23 PM
Yippee :D You first, then me...we will have to celebrate once it's over lol Sarah x

Definitely! Just hope I pass now xx

Bumble Beez
20-06-2014, 07:26 PM
Definitely! Just hope I pass now xx

You'll be fine...think positive, and make sure you're prepared x
Will be thinking of you x

Sarah x

littlepumpkins
22-06-2014, 05:37 AM
That's great :) well done both of you :)
That's quick from receiving the call, I like that :)

Let me know how it goes xx

littlepumpkins
02-07-2014, 09:41 AM
Who should I call Capita or DBS directly to chase my DBS? X