PDA

View Full Version : Glitter paint

FloraDora
16-06-2014, 09:56 PM
Lovely parent has given me 10 bottles of different coloured glitter paint. This week I am painting feelings stones but would welcome any other ideas on how to use them please.

mumofone
07-11-2015, 10:47 AM
Lovely parent has given me 10 bottles of different coloured glitter paint. This week I am painting feelings stones but would welcome any other ideas on how to use them please.

Have you looked on pininterest yourself flora or Google and lots of ideas will pop up im sure. Good luck :-) x

BallyH
07-11-2015, 11:53 AM
Would the glitter paint stay on cups/mugs? Ikea do a small white mug which would be a lovely idea for xmas presents for parents, not to drink from as the paint will most propably come of when washed, but for maybe 'bits & bobs'. Ie 'dad's work pens', 'sister's hair bobbles' etc.

BallyH
07-11-2015, 11:55 AM
Or what about buying small mirrors, A5 size maybe and the children put glitter paint on the wooden frames or even a little design on the mirror edges. Also for xmas presents for parents.

FloraDora
07-11-2015, 12:38 PM
Not quite sure why this very old thread has been resurected, well I have an idea!
Just to let you know that I have now used up all 10 bottles.....and am now an addict....have been out and bought two more lots since! This week's firework pictures in a salad spinner worked better with glitter paint than anything else.

I don't do Christmas gifts from the children to their parents... But I do cards and baking to share at home. The glitter paint worked well in highlighting bits of the Christmas tree on last years Christmas card though. I agree that the glitter paint seems to stick well to wood - without long term peeling so good idea to do a frame with them.

Mouse
07-11-2015, 12:45 PM
How lovely!

Have you tried the paints on anything yet? I've tried various different glitter paints over the years and found that some don't leave much glitter unless you use them on a porous material. They can be a bit disappointing if you expect a lot of glitter as you end up with the paint colour and very little else.

For the ones that aren't so effective we use them for painting backgrounds - sheets of paper or paper plates that we can stick something on or cut up and use for something else as it's difficult to get any definition or fine detail with them.

If you've tried them and know you can use them to paint on smooth surfaces, the world is your oyster! I'm a firm believer that glitter enhances absolutely everything so would use it on anything & everything! How about painting clear jars to make tealight holders, painting wooden boxes, tiles, plates, salt dough figures, on fabric etc.

Mouse
07-11-2015, 12:46 PM
Not quite sure why this very old thread has been resurected, well I have an idea!
Just to let you know that I have now used up all 10 bottles.....and am now an addict....have been out and bought two more lots since! This week's firework pictures in a salad spinner worked better with glitter paint than anything else.

I don't do Christmas gifts from the children to their parents... But I do cards and baking to share at home. The glitter paint worked well in highlighting bits of the Christmas tree on last years Christmas card though. I agree that the glitter paint seems to stick well to wood - without long term peeling so good idea to do a frame with them.

Ha ha! I didn't realise it was an old post. I guess someone's been scouring your posts for inspiration :D

BallyH
07-11-2015, 01:14 PM
How lovely!

Have you tried the paints on anything yet? I've tried various different glitter paints over the years and found that some don't leave much glitter unless you use them on a porous material. They can be a bit disappointing if you expect a lot of glitter as you end up with the paint colour and very little else.

For the ones that aren't so effective we use them for painting backgrounds - sheets of paper or paper plates that we can stick something on or cut up and use for something else as it's difficult to get any definition or fine detail with them.

If you've tried them and know you can use them to paint on smooth surfaces, the world is your oyster! I'm a firm believer that glitter enhances absolutely everything so would use it on anything & everything! How about painting clear jars to make tealight holders, painting wooden boxes, tiles, plates, salt dough figures, on fabric etc.

Mouse, would the glitter paint be firm enough and last, for example, on a white tile being used as a coaster for mum/dad's mugs? Or should I use a different paint?

Simona
08-11-2015, 08:01 AM

Flora Dora...I was taken aback to see the same comment posted on this thread and the 'notice boards' ones as they are both past ones.

I really feel you are due an apology and the comment deleted in this thread as it has in the 'notice boards' one.

The 2 comments are identical and directed personally at another member....totally unacceptable

I hope admin will now step in and delete the comment in this thread too...no need to report it as offensive because it is.

I don't think anyone was looking for inspiration by resurrecting the thread...it was an act unjustifiable in this forum or any other for that matter.

Have a great Sunday.

mumofone
08-11-2015, 08:13 AM
Flora Dora...I was taken aback to see the same comment posted on this thread and the 'notice boards' ones as they are both past ones. I really feel you are due an apology and the comment deleted in this thread as it has in the 'notice boards' one. The 2 comments are identical and directed personally at another member....totally unacceptable I hope admin will now step in and delete the comment in this thread too...no need to report it as offensive because it is. I don't think anyone was looking for inspiration by resurrecting the thread...it was an act unjustifiable in this forum or any other for that matter. Have a great Sunday.

If flora can recommend I look on pininterest why can I not recommend that she does? There's no offence in that. :-)
Xxx

Simona
08-11-2015, 08:22 AM
The original post by Flora Dora is over a year old and I feel your suggestion was unnecessary.

I have asked admin to delete the reply.
Please....Let's move on.

mumofone
08-11-2015, 08:25 AM
The original post by Flora Dora is over a year old and I feel your suggestion was unnecessary. I have asked admin to delete the reply. Please....Let's move on.

But it's fine for you and flora to post condescending replies to all my threads?

sarah707
08-11-2015, 09:10 AM
Admin are not sure what is going on here but we ask all our members to be respectful to each other please.

Thank you.

alex__17
08-11-2015, 03:01 PM
How are firework pictures done in a salad spinner? Sounds exactly what my kids would love, they're obsessed with the salad spinner and it's on my kitchen table from my son spinning a toy car in it at breakfast time but not sure how it would work with glitter paint...!

loocyloo
08-11-2015, 03:57 PM
How are firework pictures done in a salad spinner? Sounds exactly what my kids would love, they're obsessed with the salad spinner and it's on my kitchen table from my son spinning a toy car in it at breakfast time but not sure how it would work with glitter paint...!

Cut a piece of paper to go into bottom of spinning basket. Add a few drops of paint. Put lid on and spin. VoilĂ  ... a lovely 'catherine wheel' type painting.

alex__17
09-11-2015, 08:05 AM
If only I'd seen for last week! We did similar with conkers in a lidded tub which they loved especially as they didn't expect the result, and my lot are obsessed with the salad spinner, may do a late firework picture this week with them, thank you :-)