PDA

View Full Version : Ratios - Eyfs 2012 vs Eyfs 2014

sarah707
16-06-2014, 06:23 PM
I understand there are some rumours flying around, perpetuated by people who have misread the Eyfs 2014 requirements.

Here is some clarification about ratios in the revised Eyfs (which will be law from September) -

Eyfs 2012 - requirement 3.29 'Exceptionally, and where the quality of care and safety and security of children is maintained, exceptions to the ratios may be made.'

Eyfs 2014 - requirement 3.30 'Exceptionally, and where the quality of care and safety and security of children is maintained, changes to the ratios may be made.'

The other 'changes to ratios' statements are the same as well - just different numbers in the Eyfs 2014 -

Eyfs 2012 - requirements 3.39 - 3.41

Eyfs 2014 - requirements 3.41 - 3.43

I hope that clarifies - questions welcome :D

Simona
16-06-2014, 06:54 PM
I understand there are some rumours flying around, perpetuated by people who have misread the Eyfs 2014 requirements.

Here is some clarification about ratios in the revised Eyfs (which will be law from September) -

Eyfs 2012 - requirement 3.29 'Exceptionally, and where the quality of care and safety and security of children is maintained, exceptions to the ratios may be made.'

Eyfs 2014 - requirement 3.30 'Exceptionally, and where the quality of care and safety and security of children is maintained, changes to the ratios may be made.'

The other 'changes to ratios' statements are the same as well - just different numbers in the Eyfs 2014 -

Same old ...same old...nothing changed!!!

Kaybeaa
16-06-2014, 07:15 PM
A fellow Childminder friend of mine has recently been telling everyone that she's interpreted the EYFS to be that your own children are no longer counted in your numbers? So if you have 2 children of your own under 5, you could take on two more children under 5 and effectively have 4 under 5.

I don't know how she arrived at that..!

bunyip
17-06-2014, 07:56 AM

:D Nice one Sarah. Says it all. :thumbsup:

Can you clarify? Will Ofsted be clarifying the clarification by issuing another clarifying guidance document, as previously, which clarifies and guides by providing a complete lack of clarity and guidance, but merely introduces further unclear guidance with examples which fail to clarify or guide, but instead complicate the regulations' apparent lack of clarity (and/or guidance) even further. :confused:

...or will they just start to apply the EYFS regulations as written instead of making up their own version? :p