PDA

View Full Version : training

debh
15-06-2014, 08:49 AM
hi, I have just upgraded my childcare.co.uk profile so that I can do the on line training. Does anybody know if OFSTED recognises this training. There is a lack of training for childminders in our area and as I have been childminding for 11 years just need to refresh my training in my own time. Also I co-mind with my daughter would she need a separate account to access this training.
thanks

Kiddleywinks
15-06-2014, 10:43 AM
As far as I'm aware, training is not in Ofsted's remit other than ensuring you have regular, updated, safeguarding and first aid.
Any other courses you do once registered are more for your own CPD (Continuous Personal Development), which they like to see you do, but it's not 'recognised' as such by them.

bunyip
15-06-2014, 02:31 PM
My inspector was interested in all my CPD log: which included online training; various books I'd read on childcare; an 'Introduction to Phonics' session run for parents/carers at a local school; and some seminars/talks at my Children's Centre on aspects of care/parenting, etc.

debh
15-06-2014, 06:00 PM
My inspector was interested in all my CPD log: which included online training; various books I'd read on childcare; an 'Introduction to Phonics' session run for parents/carers at a local school; and some seminars/talks at my Children's Centre on aspects of care/parenting, etc.

\thanks, I will go ahead and do on -line training as have nothing to loose, we would love to do some phonices training as some of the 4 year olds we have are ready for this, we try our best but it would be good t know we are doing it correctly.