PDA

View Full Version : Friends with parents on Facebook?

Blueeyedminder
13-06-2014, 05:53 PM
Hiya, I just want to know if any of you lovely minders are friends with mindee's parents in Facebook? I'd like to hear people's opinion..

... Personally, I don't accept any parents on mine, I like to keep my personal life private and keep relationships with parents business and professional! Besides I don't think any of them would appreciate most of my Friday night status's hahaha!

littlebears1009
13-06-2014, 06:04 PM
I do have my mindees mum on facebook, however she is related to my aunt and im friends with mindees gran so im sure if she disliked anything I put she wouldnt have sent mindee to me. The only thing that has changed is if mindee was napping I may have had a sneak peek at facebook if id done all paper work etc. Now since i accepted her it is a no go until he leaves at the end of the day as I dont want her to think im on it all day when im not. Plus I see all her private life too!

Maza
13-06-2014, 06:33 PM
No, I don't. For all the reasons you have mentioned. x

greanan
13-06-2014, 06:40 PM
I think I'm friends with all mindees mums on FB, Infact, most enquiries are done through it. (Just got personal page, not childminding page) .. I actually quite like seeing what they're up to when not with me and it's also been great if they've not been well as means I already know and they can't say they're fine lol x

Blueeyedminder
13-06-2014, 06:46 PM
I think I'm friends with all mindees mums on FB, Infact, most enquiries are done through it. (Just got personal page, not childminding page) .. I actually quite like seeing what they're up to when not with me and it's also been great if they've not been well as means I already know and they can't say they're fine lol x

I never really thought about that! Good point!! I think I'm just weary because I'm 22 and a different generation to most mums, I don't think it's suit me personally!

line6
13-06-2014, 07:53 PM
Yes I am. My first enquiry came via Facebook and my clients and friends have recommended me on local pages when people are looking for Childcare. I think it's a great way of keeping in touch (via messenger - free to send photos for example). Having said that I'm lucky with the parents I have and I don't really post much. I guess it has made me think about not posting 'thank god it's Friday' type posts! For us it's just another way of communicating.

cathtee
13-06-2014, 08:00 PM
I'm friends with a few of my parents, it's very handy I often find out that lo been sick before I get the text to say their not coming the next day :)

I don't put many status' on mine, i usually only go on it to see what my own adult children are up to ;)

littlebears1009
13-06-2014, 08:01 PM
Yes I am. My first enquiry came via Facebook and my clients and friends have recommended me on local pages when people are looking for Childcare. I think it's a great way of keeping in touch (via messenger - free to send photos for example). Having said that I'm lucky with the parents I have and I don't really post much. I guess it has made me think about not posting 'thank god it's Friday' type posts! For us it's just another way of communicating.

Haha! This is the first full week I have done in a long time as I only have mindee a full week in 4 (have him 3 days the other 3 weeks) so today was the first time in a while i have had that thank god its friday feeling, but as you say I didnt post on FB due to parents being on there!

line6
13-06-2014, 09:21 PM
Haha! This is the first full week I have done in a long time as I only have mindee a full week in 4 (have him 3 days the other 3 weeks) so today was the first time in a while i have had that thank god its friday feeling, but as you say I didnt post on FB due to parents being on there!

First time I've worked every day of the week for me too! The wine helped!!! Tonight that is not whole I was working!! Lol!

Snowwhite
13-06-2014, 09:29 PM
Hiya, I just want to know if any of you lovely minders are friends with mindee's parents in Facebook? I'd like to hear people's opinion..

... Personally, I don't accept any parents on mine, I like to keep my personal life private and keep relationships with parents business and professional! Besides I don't think any of them would appreciate most of my Friday night status's hahaha!

No and for exactly the same reasons as you gave! No parent has ever requested me as a friend but if they did i'd decline and tell them why.However i expect many past and present parents have been able to read a comment i may have left on a mutual friends post.Don't like the thought of that but thats the power of facebook! (unless i blocked that parent or is that a bit extreme!?) Would also not set up a private childminding,parent group on fb. Don't want it linked atall with work

lynncjt
14-06-2014, 07:58 AM
I have 2 different profiles on fb one personal and another one as my business name. Happy to accept friends requests on my business profile and a great way to communicate with parents.