PDA

View Full Version : trackers

kat27
12-06-2014, 08:26 AM
Hi again everyone... picking your brains,
How are you all doing trackers without 'tick listing' This has really got me in a muddle!! Also do we have to do these and where have you got yours from. V confussed... any help appreciated :-/ xx

Kiddleywinks
12-06-2014, 08:42 AM
I do my observations as normal, then use the 'Early Years Outcomes' to highlight each developmental milestone as near as I can get it. I date this and refer to the observation it relates to. My obs include pictures, the learning experience (short description of what the child did, how, said, looked for etc, and relate it to COEL), and next steps
Once every term, I then use a tracker to highlight areas in which a child is emerging, developing, and secure in. This gives me at a glance areas in which I need to help develop.

Some people do more, some do less, so whatever works for you and you can explain how it works is fine.

My inspector said I do too many obs, (one day I'd done 3 or 4!) but I had a 10 month old at the time, so the development rate was massive lol, every day they were doing something, so I continued. It has eased off loads now, but I think it's the calm before the storm again lol

kat27
12-06-2014, 09:51 AM
I know what you mean.. some inspectors want more.. then you're doing to many! Like these sheets, use them but then not as a tick list AHHH lol. Thanks for your hepp though will have a tackle through these tonight x

sarah707
14-06-2014, 05:06 PM
Every 6 months I check that children are making good progress by going to EYO and making sure they are moving on in their learning.

I am doing it every month really - but every 6 months I do it a bit more formally by looking closely at observations and making sure I have covered everything.

It's a good way of involving parents as well - I give them a little written statement covering the prime areas and what we are working on next and ask them what they are doing with their child at home...

then I go to the child's tracker document and note their age of learning in EYO ... that's for me really just to reassure me that the child is doing well.

Hope that helps :D