PDA

View Full Version : Who's here today board?

hsav
11-06-2014, 01:04 PM
hiya all

Just curious as to whether any one on here has a daily 'who's here today board'

When I worked at a nursery years ago they had a tree and when the children arrived they found their name apple and stuck it on the tree, another one I've seen is a pond and children put their name frog up.

Does anyone do the same? x

mama2three
11-06-2014, 01:20 PM
Ive got a tree one , and a train one...
The children I have now don't really benefit from them.. for the younger ones there is no benefit at all , and the older ones 'sign' themselves in. I will use them again when my little ones get to the right stage...

hsav
11-06-2014, 01:23 PM
Thank you :)

hectors house
11-06-2014, 01:28 PM
I have a "Who has come to play today" board, I used to have photos of the children with their name underneath, now I have a picture that starts with the initial letter or sound of their name - eg: Jack - jam Bethany - bed to help them try to understand how to sound out words. On the back I just have their names and when I only have older children they have to find their card by name rather than picture. Even my 15 month olds seems to know that the picture represents something, even if the older ones do stick it on for them.

smurfette
11-06-2014, 01:39 PM
Lol I read your thread as 'who is bored here today'!! Lol! Is it Friday yet?!

loocyloo
11-06-2014, 02:34 PM
I have a ' who is here today ' board. The children find their photo and put it on. The older children can also find their name and put it on. They enjoy finding the younger children's names and often stand looking through box of photos and names talking about the children.

hsav
11-06-2014, 03:19 PM
Thank you all for your replies :)

clareelizabeth1
11-06-2014, 03:54 PM
I don't but my setting is very small I feel it's a bit pointless for the two of them. They know their here and can look round the room to see who else is.

Rubybubbles
12-06-2014, 07:15 AM
Lol I read your thread as 'who is bored here today'!! Lol! Is it Friday yet?!

And me haha!

Not me I'm off until monday :-)