PDA

View Full Version : After school care ratio confusion

Taylored
11-06-2014, 06:47 AM
Good morning. Just a quick question. Starting in September I was looking to care for the following on a Tuesday afternoon 3-6.30:

Dd2
Mindee4
Mindee5
Dd7
Mindee8
Mindee9
Mundee10

Is this within ratio? The 5,9 and 10yo are siblings (and angels!!) I forgot to add it is a 10 minute walk to school and all children will wear hi via jackets.

Many thanks. Emma.

chris goodyear
11-06-2014, 07:04 AM
Yes you'll be fine as you will only have 4 under 8 which is within your 'no more than 6 under 8' and insurance covers you for up to 12 at any one time.

Kiddleywinks
11-06-2014, 07:06 AM
Good morning. Just a quick question. Starting in September I was looking to care for the following on a Tuesday afternoon 3-6.30:

Dd2
Mindee4
Mindee5
Dd7
Mindee8
Mindee9
Mundee10

Is this within ratio? The 5,9 and 10yo are siblings (and angels!!) I forgot to add it is a 10 minute walk to school and all children will wear hi via jackets.

Many thanks. Emma.

The 8, 9 and 10 year old don't count in your ratio's for head count purposes, as it's a max of 6 under 8's, but if caring for the older children impacts on the care of the under 8's you would need to reassess.

If the 4 year old is at school, or is starting school in September, then they move into your 5-8 yr bracket, freeing up an EYFS space, meaning you could take on another 2 under 5's

If you did decide to take on 2 more EYFS children, double check with your local council if you need to get planning permission for having more than 6 children.
Some councils say planning permission is required over 8 children, others say 10 or more :thumbsup:

Taylored
11-06-2014, 10:45 AM
Thank you. I was only really thinking about one EYFS on top of dd2 to start in case the paperwork is too much, or I underestimate my skills lol. That may change when I am up and running. I have had an overwhelming response from parents at school about after school care (few clubs and no minders cover it) as school one finishes at 5.15 so it would seem I may fill my spaces there alone. Starting out is a learning journey indeed.

Your help has been appreciated :-)

Rick
11-06-2014, 11:39 AM
The 8, 9 and 10 year old don't count in your ratio's for head count purposes, as it's a max of 6 under 8's, but if caring for the older children impacts on the care of the under 8's you would need to reassess.

If the 4 year old is at school, or is starting school in September, then they move into your 5-8 yr bracket, freeing up an EYFS space, meaning you could take on another 2 under 5's

If you did decide to take on 2 more EYFS children, double check with your local council if you need to get planning permission for having more than 6 children.
Some councils say planning permission is required over 8 children, others say 10 or more :thumbsup:

Some say 6. Read this thread

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/registered-assistants-co-minders/123081-planning-permission.html