PDA

View Full Version : Sigh!!! Really hate run ins with parents!

smurfette
10-06-2014, 03:04 PM
Grr just had a run in with one of my mums. Little one has puked this afternoon, he puked a tiny bit last week but I didn't send him home as he had a cold and it was just mucus.. That is a week ago tho! Today more sick so I said I would have to ask her to keep him off tomorrow and she said I would rather see how he goes, I am not one to give out but you let him get soaked last week twice and I think that's why he has a cold ( remember those really hot days! Was I Meant to Wrap him in a snowsuit so he didn't get hot?! I said well maybe that doesn't help but it's a virus! Can't catch from being sick! And she kept him off last week as he wasn't well so we could go out if we wanted as he wanted to sleep all day.. I told her at time I would have taken him

Ended up giving in and saying if not sick again could bring him., did tell her neither of us qualified to say what's a bug and If I am sick no one has any Care! Never had a run in with her before in 18 months she is Normally so complimentary and never says anything .. Sigh!

VeggieSausage
10-06-2014, 05:59 PM
I would hate it too but forget about it, life is too short - if child comes and is ill etc then send home. I get people to sign a sheet to confirm their child has not been sick in the last 48/24 hours or had a episode of diarrhea...maybe she is a bit stressed due to work.......

smurfette
10-06-2014, 06:11 PM
Not sure whether to have It out further or try and smooth over or ignore it happened?

littlebears1009
10-06-2014, 06:26 PM
I can understand why you are unhappy about it however I would ignore this time as you say she isnt normally like that maybe she has something personal/work related going on. If it becomes regular tho I would ask mum in for a chat see if you can sort your differences and reiterate your sickness policy and that you have to stick to it.

Mouse
10-06-2014, 06:28 PM
I would phone her in the morning and ask how lo is. If she says OK, and you say she can bring him, tell her that you will phone her at the first sign of him being unwell and expect him to be picked up straight away and kept off the following day.

The problem is, if you do nothing, she will expect you to do the same every time he is ill. Perhaps make it clear that this is purely a one off and next time you will enforce your exclusion rule.

smurfette
11-06-2014, 07:43 AM
Guys thanks for the support I was really in a knot about it last night and it really helped!

Mum due from 830, then she rang. Said he was grand this am, bit hoarse so thinks his throat is sore (I did wonder that yest) basically asked would I have him later if ok, and explained
Yesterday said she was sorry she didn't mean to be facetious, I caught her in the middle of a conference call, last week she could easily have taken time off but this week no and no one wants to listen to her problems
Which I do totally understand!

I said maybe I had over reacted (because I don't think he has a vomiting bug but I do think he is unwell and would be better at home!) and explained how I have to be careful with vomiting because of bugs, and if she was happy he was ok to drop him up., she did ask was I sure so I was able to say I trusted her cos she has always Been honest about how he is (which she has, she is great to be fair!) and she said she could collect him after his nap if needs be., if I have to I will let him sleep the morning away but he is running around at home so imagine he is reasonably ok.

Phew! Think we have it sorted am so relieved!

littlebears1009
11-06-2014, 09:01 AM
Glad you have it sorted now! :-D