PDA

View Full Version : Urgent ratio question

button68
26-07-2008, 03:33 PM
I have been approached by a mum asking for short term care for her son age 4 who it starting fulltime school in September but only doing mornings for the first two weeks.

She just wants cover for those 2 weeks to collect him from school at Midday and keep him until 4pm.

Will this little boy be in my 0-5 bracket or my 5-8 bracket (as he is a 'rising 5')

My DD starts school in Sept too but as she turns 5 days before term starts I don't have this problem with her.

Help pretty please girls :D

Gherkin
26-07-2008, 03:47 PM
As I understand it and follwoing a conversation about this with the inspector who inspected me the other week the child has to be at school fulltime (10 sessions) per week for them to be classed as rising 5.

crazybones
26-07-2008, 04:08 PM
I had to ask for a variation for a 4 year old for September for same reason. It was granted because of continuity of care though and because hubby is with me for 3 of the 5 days I needed it for. Dont know if they will do it for a new mindee but it is worth asking.

Tatia
26-07-2008, 04:45 PM
Yeah he won't be classed as rising 5 til he's in school all day. Sorry. He'll be in your 0-5s. Can you apply for a variation?

button68
26-07-2008, 07:22 PM
Cheers Girls :thumbsup:

Yeah he won't be classed as rising 5 til he's in school all day. Sorry. He'll be in your 0-5s. Can you apply for a variation?

I doubt I'd get it Tatia as he would be a new mindee, therefore no continuity of care. Although DH will be home at that time so DD could be in his care and not mine :D

It's a shame 'cos as things stand at the moment I have space in my 0-5's it's only if the mum who came to see me on Wednesday with 2 children gets back and says "yes" then I'll be over numbers :(

Ahhhh....... I hate waiting for mums to get back to me :angry:

crazybones
26-07-2008, 07:31 PM
Cheers Girls :thumbsup:

I doubt I'd get it Tatia as he would be a new mindee, therefore no continuity of care. Although DH will be home at that time so DD could be in his care and not mine :D

It's a shame 'cos as things stand at the moment I have space in my 0-5's it's only if the mum who came to see me on Wednesday with 2 children gets back and says "yes" then I'll be over numbers :(

Ahhhh....... I hate waiting for mums to get back to me :angry:

Easy - reg hubby as assistant then. I did it and got a new certificate within a week and it now says I can have 5 under 5 when hubby is present as an assistant. Which isnt often but will help me out when he is.

butterfly
26-07-2008, 07:45 PM
you could try ringing ofsted and see if registering your husband will make a difference to your numbers. in my case it doesn't make a difference. i'd get back to your other parent andsay you've had another enquiry and does she want you or not. then you won't have to keep the other mum waiting! hope you get what you want!!

button68
26-07-2008, 07:58 PM
you could try ringing ofsted and see if registering your husband will make a difference to your numbers. in my case it doesn't make a difference. i'd get back to your other parent andsay you've had another enquiry and does she want you or not. then you won't have to keep the other mum waiting! hope you get what you want!!

I was thinkng maybe I should call 'Mum of 2 kids' and say I've had an enquiry and had she made a decision yet. However, I don't can to scare her off by being too pushy ( I could really do with 2 kids 3 days a week ;) )

She came last wednesday do you think a 'nudge' on monday would be too soon?

Chimps Childminding
27-07-2008, 04:44 PM
I was thinkng maybe I should call 'Mum of 2 kids' and say I've had an enquiry and had she made a decision yet. However, I don't can to scare her off by being too pushy ( I could really do with 2 kids 3 days a week ;) )

She came last wednesday do you think a 'nudge' on monday would be too soon?

I would ring her, tell her you have someone else waiting (might make her mind up more quickly) its better than risk losing out on both!!!!!! :thumbsup: