PDA

View Full Version : observations

kat27
10-06-2014, 11:11 AM
Hi Everyone..
Re started up again... in regards to obs now for a 14 month baby, do you all just link to the prime areas or for example painting will link into EAD. Do you still log this next to the ob or only the prime areas.

Sorry if this sounds stupid but trying to get my head around this new way of doing things x

moggy
10-06-2014, 12:31 PM
I link all obs to one or more of the 7 areas, even for little ones if relevant. So I would link to EAD and PD for a 14 month old painting, it is exploring media etc.

kat27
10-06-2014, 12:35 PM
Thanks moggy.. I thought that was the case, seems daft leaving it off if it links to it. Appreciate your reply :)

sarah707
14-06-2014, 05:25 PM
There are outcomes for all 7 areas of learning in Early Years Outcomes ... so yes, I link to them all.

We are told that the prime areas are the most important in the early years so we need to focus on them until they are well established.... the specific areas boost the prime.

For example children sing which is art and design ... but of course it is also boosting their communication and language and it's something they are doing together which promotes friendships (psed) etc ...

hth :D

kat27
17-06-2014, 09:27 PM
Thanks Sarah!! Only just seen your reply :)