PDA

View Full Version : Membership and insurance options

sheilarobb
10-06-2014, 10:15 AM
Hi

Does anyone know if there is an updated version for Membership & insurance options for 2014. There was a previous post outlaying the options available but it for for 2013.

Can you also tell me if you can take out insurance on its own without having a membership or is it better to have the two combined.

Thanks

Sheila

tulip0803
10-06-2014, 01:12 PM
It really depends on who you want to use.

I am insured by Morton Michel - they are just an insurance company that sells insurance to childminders and also has paperwork that it sells. I chose them because other childminders had said they had good cover in the event that a parent doesn't pay. they have some training and some on-line magazines for policy holders.

I am also a Pacey member - Pacey campaign on behalf of childminders/childcare they are a professional organisation. They also sell PLI insurance at a discount and paperwork. They provide training both free and paid for and provide a magazine for members. You cannot take out their insurance without being a member. I am a member because I want to be part of a professional organisation, I want to support their campaigns on our behalf.

The way I do it is more expensive but I am happy

Chatterbox Childcare
10-06-2014, 04:35 PM
I have both my membership and insurance with Pacey because the insurance policy was better for me but my DH has insurance with MM only and no membership

rickysmiths
10-06-2014, 05:51 PM
Other organizations also offer Insurance now but I have no idea of the costs.

UKCMA I believe they use Morton Michel
and

Pre School Learning Alliance

I think Childcare.co.uk also offer insurance via Blu Fin I think who are the same broker who advertise in Pacey Magazine.

sheilarobb
11-06-2014, 09:41 AM
Thanks everyone.