PDA

View Full Version : Free childcare places

indiajo
09-06-2014, 09:52 PM
Hi I ve been asked if I offer Childcare under the government scheme for free 15 hrs per week for 3 yr olds! I don't but remember reading somewhere that childminders can apply to be part of the scheme! Does anyone know anything about this? I'm in Warrington Cheshire btw

Rick
10-06-2014, 09:53 AM
Yes you can, and also 2 year olds. Contact your local authority to check the procedure. With mine I just had to fill out a new starter form for each child and the council pay you half in advance of the term and half before half term

hectors house
10-06-2014, 12:08 PM
Childminders who are graded Good & Outstanding can do 2,3 & 4 year old funded places, those with Satisfactory can sometimes do 3 & 4 year old funding depending on your local authority. Contact your LA for advice or speak to your development officer (if you still have one). I have a 2 year old funded child, I missed the date for the form to be in as child was accepted while I was on holiday, normally you get 90% in advance and remaining 10% part way through - I have to wait for April, May, June, July & August payments to be paid in July - different counties have different ways of doing things.

moggy
10-06-2014, 12:24 PM
But ask your LA how much they pay you per hour for the free hours, here and elsewhere in the country it is so low it is not worth offering. I would be losing nearly 1.50 per hour and have extra paper work and calculations to do and have to wait for LA to pay out money later in the term. It is also only 15 hours a week termtime only, so you have to work out you are going to deal with school holidays- either spread the free hours or charge for holiday hours etc.

You can tell l am not a fan!