PDA

View Full Version : Don't know what to do!

Blueeyedminder
09-06-2014, 12:17 PM
Hi everyone!

So I've had two very runny nappies from LO but she is perfectly fine and even happier than her usual self today! I have a 48hr exclusion period for diarrhoea but she's fine and don't think mum would be a happy bunny? Any advise welcome!

Thanks x

Maza
09-06-2014, 12:20 PM
Any temperature? Is she eating?

Blueeyedminder
09-06-2014, 12:22 PM
Any temperature? Is she eating?

Nope temp is fine! Eaten great!

Kaybeaa
09-06-2014, 12:29 PM
Runny nappy could be teeth? Or something she's eaten? My own DS used to have really runny nappies when teething.

smurfette
09-06-2014, 12:40 PM
Ok too much Info did the nappies smell badly or normal?

bunyip
09-06-2014, 05:13 PM
If it looks like a duck and it quacks like a duck.........................

All you have to decide is whether the child has had an episode of diarrhea. End of.....

CMs don't have to diagnose the cause because we aren't qualified to do so, and neither is it the slightest bit relevant. HPA guidelines do not say "48 hour exclusions unless you happen to make an exception off your own bat because you know better than us." Neither will your EHO give a d4mn about 'reasons' if there's a complaint or a food poisoning incident. Nor will any victims' lawyers as they happily clean you out for all you're worth. OK, it's a statistically small risk, but you're gambling for massive stakes, and I wouldn't gamble with my mindees and family's health. :(

I know it happens all the time. I know it's inconvenient cos babies do it all the time. But it's the downside of baby-care. It's something we should all be making clear to parents and acting in accordance.

line6
09-06-2014, 06:51 PM
I had similar with a 3 year old last week. 3 dirty pairs of pants in 2 hours and tummy ache but mum was not impressed when I said I wouldn't take again for 48 hours and nor would I lie or omit the truth from the other setting he goes to. Didn't go down at all well but frankly that's not my problem. May or may not have been a tummy bug - how am I supposed to know for sure?! I wouldn't have sent my child to a setting under those conditions and so applied that theory in reverse here.