PDA

View Full Version : Starting points

Smileyface
08-06-2014, 05:48 PM
Hi guys
I have an 8 month old starting next month can anyone help I need starting points? Is there an already made sheet? To print ? I'm stuck !
ThNk you

QualityCare
08-06-2014, 06:29 PM
If you look in learning journals, scrapbooks and diaries in the EYFS section below there is one l posted in reply to all about me sheet for a baby its the 2nd thread down.

Kiddleywinks
08-06-2014, 06:35 PM
I give parents a copy of the early years outcomes for the child's current age range and the following one, for them to mark off at home.

Once the child starts with you, use the first 3 or 4 weeks to establish the child is doing what parents say they're doing, and anything you observe yourself.
This gives you your starting points.

From week 4 or 5 you will/should have an idea of what areas you need to direct your planning towards, and thus the child's next steps.

Don't over complicate things, get to know the child and get them settled and feeling secure with you, the rest will follow its own order ;-)

Smileyface
08-06-2014, 07:45 PM
Hello quality care I'm sorry I can't find it ;(

miffy
08-06-2014, 09:22 PM
Hello quality care I'm sorry I can't find it ;(

Here's the link

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/learning-journals-scrapbooks-diaries/131065-all-about-me-sheet-baby.html

Miffy xx

QualityCare
09-06-2014, 07:29 AM
Here's the link

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/learning-journals-scrapbooks-diaries/131065-all-about-me-sheet-baby.html

Miffy xx

Thanks miffy no good at links.

Simona
10-06-2014, 07:03 AM
Hi guys
I have an 8 month old starting next month can anyone help I need starting points? Is there an already made sheet? To print ? I'm stuck !
ThNk you

You can gather many starting points from the parents and during settling in but...whatever a child or baby does at home has to be observed in our settings under the EYFS 3 Prime Areas...or the 7 areas for older children

It would be impossible otherwise to plan next steps for the baby unless we see and record what he/she does in our setting

By all means do an 'All about me' form if that is helpful but also start straight away putting your observations or what the child can do in whatever format you choose to do your assessment for the LJ under the clear heading : this is what X can do' and underneath your next steps...there is no way any inspector could argue with that...if she diid she would need referring to EYFS