PDA

View Full Version : leaving for school gift?

loocyloo
08-06-2014, 03:29 PM
hello,

I usually only think about this at the last minute, but as a mum told me on Friday that its only 6 weeks till the end of term, its made me think about it now!

I have 2 mindees that I have had for the past almost 3 years ( since I moved and started minding here ). they both start school in September, but will continue to come in the holidays. Any idea for a leaving gift for them? ( one boy, one girl )

in the past I have made personalised bookbags or PE bags, but as they have both been at the school nurseries, they already have these! I usually do a photo book or collage when a child leaves, but these children aren't leaving as such! I want to do something to mark the occasion, but really can't think what!

if you have any ideas I'd be very grateful!

Thanks x

Glitter
08-06-2014, 08:40 PM
I have just bought my friends 4 year old a set of pencil crayons and a pencil case with their name on from Not on the High Street. Children normally love things with their names on.

hectors house
09-06-2014, 06:28 AM
I generally do a photo book from Snapfish but I only sometimes have my mindees in the holidays whereas it sounds like you will regularly - still nice to remember the last 3 years of their lives with you though.

alex__17
09-06-2014, 07:13 AM
Named crayons sounds lovely, I remember children at school when I was young had colouring oencils with their names in good letters on....always wanted some, would think any child would love that

rickysmiths
09-06-2014, 07:28 AM
Lovely idea but as they are not actually leaving you be aware that you will not be able to put this gift through as an Expense. HMRC are a bit funny about gifts. I would do a photo album with snippets of WOW moments from the last few years as a milestone memory then you could claim for this as it is part of their Developmental Record.

hectors house
09-06-2014, 12:12 PM
If you can claim for gifts for Birthdays & Christmas can't see why you can't claim for leaving gifts even if they aren't leaving properly - call it a "transition to school" gift instead.

Maza
09-06-2014, 12:19 PM
There are a couple of books about starting school which I really love and tend to buy for my nieces and nephews when they start school. One is called 'The Kissing Hand' and the other is called 'A Pocketful of Kisses'. I get them both from Amazon. There are loads of books about starting school but these two are particularly lovely and I used to have to hold back my own tears when reading these when my DD was starting school! They don't make the little ones cry though so it's okay! x