PDA

View Full Version : Cars- best for 3 or 4 car seats?

Lal
07-06-2014, 05:42 PM
Hi, I wan't planning to buy a new (to us) car for childminding to start with. I was going to use our A6 estate as only planning to mind 2, so with dd would need 3 seats. However, our other car might have spluttered its last today :(

So I was just wandering what people drive for childminding and which cars are most practical.

Particularly interested to find out what you think of the 3/3 layout like the Honda FRV and the Fiat Multipla.

amyp
07-06-2014, 05:46 PM
I have a zafira and I really like it! But you can't put any seats in the front. I have 2 in te middle one in the back and my nipper 360 in the back too x

shrinking3
07-06-2014, 08:55 PM
Amyp do you get the nipper in with all seats up? If so how been trying to do this in a friends car for weeks!

I have a grand scenic and can fit three seats accross back for my lo. Can fit my double nipper in back too but kids have to hold picnic on laps as boot is full then!!!!

AliceK
07-06-2014, 09:40 PM
I have a zafira and I really like it! But you can't put any seats in the front. I have 2 in te middle one in the back and my nipper 360 in the back too x

Why can't you put seats in the front - I do in mine.

Xxx

rickysmiths
07-06-2014, 10:46 PM
I have had Skoda Octavias for years can get 3 seats in the back and one in the front.

Tazmin68
08-06-2014, 02:20 PM
I think the issue is you should not use a large car seat in the from with the air bag turned on plus depending on insurance it might be void if you turn the air bag off. When I need to I put 2 seats in the very back of zaf and 1 in the middle of zaf and still manage to get into the back to secure the other two. My oldest son who is over 135cm sits in the front passenger seat. I can still fit Apollo twin lunar and mothercare jive in boot.

AliceK
08-06-2014, 02:23 PM
I think the issue is you should not use a large car seat in the from with the air bag turned on plus depending on insurance it might be void if you turn the air bag off. When I need to I put 2 seats in the very back of zaf and 1 in the middle of zaf and still manage to get into the back to secure the other two. My oldest son who is over 135cm sits in the front passenger seat. I can still fit Apollo twin lunar and mothercare jive in boot.

I always use the front seat if I have to. I just put the eldest (usually biggest) child in the front and push the seat back as far as I can without squashing the person behind. Obviously you can't put a rear facing seat on the front with an airbag. There is nothing anywhere that says you can't put a child in the front and as long as you are sensible and RA there is no problem IMO.

xxx

amyp
09-06-2014, 09:05 PM
You can't turn off the airbag in a zafira so can't put babies in there (I don't have any older ones)- I have one seat up in the boot one down for the pushchair! I haven't tried with both up yet!! I'll let you know if I master it!

Snowwhite
09-06-2014, 09:14 PM
I have a 2007 zafria and as far as i know children in normal booster seats are fine to sit in the very front seat as long as chair is pushed back due to the air bag.I would never put a baby car seat in the front seat.
The car itself is fine but i do find it too be rather long as i have the estate type car! Nice car though

Lal
10-06-2014, 06:58 AM
Thanks- All I ned to do now is explain to hubby (aka Mr "yes of course we NEED 2 Audi Quattros") that a fuel economy and practicality will be more important than a nice leather interior and a quattro badge!

kat27
10-06-2014, 02:59 PM
I have a honda frv, it is amazing!!! Done over 200,000 miles still going strong and ive spent the grand total of 300 pounds on it in 5 years!! Thats tyres and services. Honestly when mine dies I will be gutted!