PDA

View Full Version : Doesnt like dirty hands!

hillbilly
26-07-2008, 10:17 AM
HI. I just wanted to share this idea with you all as its has worked wonders for me. I had a child (P) who didnt like to get her hands dirty at all, so painting, glueing, soil play etc were all really difficult for her.

To over come this, I popped her in a highchair, and covered the tray with clingfilm. I then squirted blobs of paint onto the clingfilm, and put another layer of clingfilm over the top. P was then able to manipulate the paints with her fingers, mix the colours, make trails and marks, without getting her fingers dirty at all. We did this on a few occasions to allow her to really enjoy the experience, then one day, she put her fingers in before I had chance to put the top layer of clingfilm on and was fine with it.

She now joins in all kinds of messy play, and doesnt mind getting her hands dirty, so long as I respect when she has had enough and clean her hands straight away.

Hope this helps some of you in similar situations!

Kelly

littletreasures
26-07-2008, 10:49 AM
What a great idea Kelly.

My niece hates getting her fingers dirty so this will be well worth a try. I think the kids who like getting their fingers dirty would enjoy this as well.

Thanks

chels55
26-07-2008, 02:12 PM
Great idea, i have a lo like that, i will try it on monday

Monkey1
26-07-2008, 02:18 PM
Thats a brilliant idea. I have one who hates getting dirty, but this week she watched the big ones painting then picked up the brush and began to create a masterpiece. Her mum was exstatic!...so was I!

aly
26-07-2008, 09:45 PM
thats a great tip

:thumbsup:

Bushpig
26-07-2008, 11:42 PM
Fabulous tip that, thanks!

button68
27-07-2008, 06:35 AM
That is a great idea :thumbsup:

I have a 17 month old who went absolutely doo-lally when I tried to paint her hand to do a print on fathers day :panic:

katickles
27-07-2008, 10:11 AM
Yeah I have a mindee just like this. I do the same thing with him but I use those plactic pockets that you put paper in, seal all the edges & bob's your uncle!

We've put loads of things in, mud, sand, paint, shaving foam, flour etc etc

Cazz
28-07-2008, 10:38 PM
What a brilliant idea! I'll remember that for the future - thanks.

Carole x

Mags
29-07-2008, 12:53 AM
Great idea!!!! thanks for sharing...will be well worth keeping for future reference.

angeldelight
29-07-2008, 07:43 AM
Great idea

Thankyou

Angel xx

JazzyL
29-07-2008, 01:08 PM
That's a really good idea, thanks for sharing it :)