PDA

View Full Version : Advice about wraparound EYFS

natlou82
05-06-2014, 08:39 PM
I look after an EYFS child aged 4 who attends the school nursery, he stays full days so I actually only look after him 3pm - 5:30 3 days a week. My question is how much is expected re observations and learning journal etc. I've been doing as much as I can but the LO is quite tired after a full day and doesn't always want to do really organised activities and prefers free play. So if I'm doing too much I will cut back to allow him more free time.

Simona
05-06-2014, 09:24 PM
I look after an EYFS child aged 4 who attends the school nursery, he stays full days so I actually only look after him 3pm - 5:30 3 days a week. My question is how much is expected re observations and learning journal etc. I've been doing as much as I can but the LO is quite tired after a full day and doesn't always want to do really organised activities and prefers free play. So if I'm doing too much I will cut back to allow him more free time.

Under current EYFS 2012 you need to compliment the learning...just liaise with the nursery but no LJs required...just what you have agreed with the parents in terms of support
For EYFS 2014 no need at all to do any anything about L&D...

natlou82
05-06-2014, 09:49 PM
Thanks Simona that's great.

rickysmiths
06-06-2014, 06:39 AM
I have a child after School Nursery several days a week though from 12 noon. He is often tired and will fall asleep in the car on the way home bless. I used to have him 6 hours but mums shifts have changed and I often only have him 1.5 to 2 hours. By the time we have had lunch there is little time for organised activities. I do do them but not always.

I don't do a LJ as such for him but I do have a scrap book where I put photos, write about where we have been and done and I use the PACEY EYFS stickers to indicate the areas what he is doing is covering. I talk to school and to him about what they are doing at school and follow through if he is interested.

All very informal but a record of his time with me. I do scrap books for before and after schoolers but don't link to EYFS.

natlou82
06-06-2014, 07:07 AM
Brill x I do like a record and I like the scrapbook idea for schoolies as I think it's nice for parents to see their children having fun. I organise plenty of activities but I like the children to decide if they want to join in. I know what this LO is covering at Nursery and his mum is a teacher and she just wants him to come, relax and enjoy his time here.