PDA

View Full Version : HELP please

emmadines
26-07-2008, 08:06 AM
whats going on, Im all of a sudden being invoiced by companies like action media (so it states on the invoice I have just recieved:( ) the invoice is £300 there is no way I would have agreed to that and I have no idea who or what they are?????????

I ve tried to call them but its the blooming weekend!!

I cant afford this and I deffinitly did not ask for it:censored: :( :censored: :( :censored:

Trouble
26-07-2008, 08:09 AM
dont pay anything until you know who they are and what its for

if they hound you and you havent bought anything tell them they will be receiving a solicitors letter for harassment and to take you off their list immediately

or tell them to bog off

dixx

littletreasures
26-07-2008, 08:09 AM
Have you tried typing the phone number into google and seeing if anything comes up.

I have never heard of them, but surely if it says you owe £300 you would certainly remember spending that amount!!!

Typical you can't find out til Monday.

polobear1970
26-07-2008, 08:11 AM
whats going on, Im all of a sudden being invoiced by companies like action media (so it states on the invoice I have just recieved:( ) the invoice is £300 there is no way I would have agreed to that and I have no idea who or what they are?????????

I ve tried to call them but its the blooming weekend!!

I cant afford this and I deffinitly did not ask for it:censored: :( :censored: :( :censored:

Emma,

Is your business under a company name ?

A little while back there was a scam where they was sending out bogus invoices to companies ( most companies don't know there a**e from the elbow when it came to accounts) and would pay it.

The other idea is have you tried to google them, do they have a website

hope this helps take care

Lisa

angeldelight
26-07-2008, 08:14 AM
Have they got your name and address correct Emma you sure its come to the right house ?

Did anyone else in your family sign up for it and you did not know ?

I have not heard of them before

I found a website but unsure if its the same

Dont panic no one can make you pay for something that you have never agreed to

I know my daughter had a new mobile phone on contract recently the next thing we knew they called and said they were coming to install Sky in a few days - we did not ask for it and they were going to charge heaps
We already have most of the sky channels anyway
They were very very rude and it took a few hours to sort it out
Seems that when she took the contract out on the phone the guy who did it ticked a box on his computer screen to sign her up for sky WITHOUT HER PERMISSION

Could something like that happened to you with out you being aware of it?

Angel xx

emmadines
26-07-2008, 08:15 AM
god i feel sick
:panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:

angeldelight
26-07-2008, 08:28 AM
No Emma

I dont think you should panic this company can not make you pay

Think you should try and contact them so you know whats happening but dont agree to anything over the phone

They have a damn cheek if you havent even heard of them

Angel xx

emmadines
26-07-2008, 08:34 AM
i have called them but no answer, i just feel sick to the stomach.... i cant even get through to the yell.com to remove my add as i have only had a problem since i put an add with them

if push come shove would the ncma help with regards to any legal stuff???:veryangry: :veryangry:

kindredspirits
26-07-2008, 08:37 AM
don't worry - the law states that in order to reclaim a debt that is disputed the company MUST be able to provide proof in the form of a SIGNED credit agreement. sounds like a scam to me. don't ring them, just send them a letter stating that you have no idea what this debt is, and unless they can provide proof by return of post they must stop harrassing you or face court action - i think i've got a sample letter somewhere, my dh had a similar problem for a debt that was around £4000 that he didn't recall. sent several letters last year disputing the debt and asking for proof and have heard nothing since!

don't pay a penny, as soon as you make any sort of payment you are admitting liability for the debt.
if you need any more advice feel free to pm me unfortunately i've had waay to much experiance with this thru my dh.

anna xxx

edited to add send the letter by recorded delivery and make sure you keep a copy of what you've written, on the off change that it turns a bit nasty, you need to keep proof of everything you've said and done - but i doubt it will come to that.

angeldelight
26-07-2008, 08:44 AM
I agree it sounds like a scam to me

I agree with Anna you are prob best writing a letter and send it recorded delivery - if you call you will be past around then it is your word in the future against some unknown person that you spoke to

Get it in writing keep all copies etc

Dont worry though Emma it happens all the time and if you didnt sign anything there is nothing that they can do

Angel xx

emmadines
26-07-2008, 08:45 AM
Im just sitting here almost in tears!!! If I was able to get hold of them I can tell them but I cant and have to wait till monday at least to get hole of them................ why me

how do I prove that I have not recieved it, I knwo I havent but how can I not agreed to this

this is what the letter states

RE; action media publication 2008/09.

Dear Emma
We would like to thankyou for your involvement with action media's 2008/09 publication. we appreciate you bussiness and know that you want to keep your accound current with us. However, your invoicing terms have now expired and payment is overdue. could you please remit payment within the next 7 days, as work has already been carried out on your behalf.

if you have any queries regarding your account then please contact myself Matthew Willamson.

thank you once again from everyone here at Action Media.

blar blar blar....

Minstrel
26-07-2008, 08:50 AM
Have you received more than one then? your initial post seems to indicate that?

angeldelight
26-07-2008, 08:52 AM
Have you received more than one letter Emma ?

Sounds like they have done something here with out your permission?

Angel xx

emmadines
26-07-2008, 08:57 AM
this is the 1st invoice that I havent been awear of anything being agreed, but I am constantly getting calls from other companies asking me to advertise with them for a min of £200!

I got coned into one recently, they started to go on about abused shildren and worse, I appaerntly agreed to them advertising my business and that they were confereming this.

I am trying to sort that one out as it turns out more then they stated. but this one I know that I havent agreed to any of it!! Im not that forgetfull and £300 I would never say yes to that.:(

emmadines
26-07-2008, 08:58 AM
Emma,

Is your business under a company name ?

A little while back there was a scam where they was sending out bogus invoices to companies ( most companies don't know there a**e from the elbow when it came to accounts) and would pay it.

The other idea is have you tried to google them, do they have a website

hope this helps take care

Lisa

yes it is (well I put one on it but only via my logo)

littletreasures
26-07-2008, 09:00 AM
Please try not to worry about this Emma.

It really seems as though they are trying it on, perhaps thinking you are a huge nursery or something and just pay up any invoice that comes in.

They cannot make you pay for something you haven't received or signed up for.

Take care

angeldelight
26-07-2008, 09:03 AM
this is the 1st invoice that I havent been awear of anything being agreed, but I am constantly getting calls from other companies asking me to advertise with them for a min of £200!

I got coned into one recently, they started to go on about abused shildren and worse, I appaerntly agreed to them advertising my business and that they were confereming this.

I am trying to sort that one out as it turns out more then they stated. but this one I know that I havent agreed to any of it!! Im not that forgetfull and £300 I would never say yes to that.:(

Emma you say you think you agreed to this other company with advertising ? You DO NOT have to do anything that you verbally agree to on the phone so you dont have to sign up for that either !
That is how they try to con you with their telephone manner - just dont sign for anything its then your word against theirs

Angel xx

emmadines
26-07-2008, 09:30 AM
I know what to put in the letter but how do I put it, so that it dont fly right back in my fce as Im not great with how to put things??

angeldelight
26-07-2008, 10:04 AM
Sorry Emma only just got back

Just ask them not to send you letters like the one that they have quote the reference number etc

Say you have not signed up for any of their products and you would like to know how they have got your name

Say under no circumstances are you paying for a product that you have not agreed to

Say you want your name removed from their mailing list

Make it short

Good luck try not to worry

Angel xx

emmadines
26-07-2008, 10:22 AM
I have not signed up for any of your products and I would like to know how you got my name and company details.

Under no circumstances am I paying for a product that I have not agreed to

I would like my name removed from your mailing list or I will be seeking advice from Trading standards and following this with a letter from my solicitor.

Hows that??????

angeldelight
26-07-2008, 10:24 AM
Thats great Emma

Angel xx

emmadines
26-07-2008, 04:24 PM
thanks, will keep you informed

xx

Chimps Childminding
28-07-2008, 09:21 PM
Good luck hope you manage to get it sorted!!!!!!!!!! I know how you feel when you say you feel sick, I had a problem with someone using my Paypal account without my permission, didn't know anything about it until I received an email from Paypal with the new address which I had added (but I hadn't). Checked and found out that £359.00 of goods had been ordered on my account and sent to that address which was in London, I am in the Midlands with no contact at all with the London area. I felt sick because I knew I couldn't afford it. Got in touch with Paypal and they were brill got it sorted within days!!!!!!!! Hope the same goes for you!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Trouble
28-07-2008, 09:25 PM
excellent letter:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

jessie1
29-07-2008, 06:15 PM
just googled it and found this website http://www.actionmedia.org/

maybe have a look and see if anything rings a bell, as they do some type of training and workshops as well

Good Luck in sorting it out