PDA

View Full Version : Sickness policy and other settings

line6
04-06-2014, 12:42 PM
Ok so my mindee has just been collected after 3 soiling accidents this morning and complaining of an upset tummy. Couldn't reach mum and dad took an hour to get here but that's another story! Now my dd goes to the same playschool as mindee and I know he is due there tomorrow. I am not due to have him again until Friday afternoon so 48 hours from now as long as no more incidents but I strongly suspect (based on history) that he will be taken to playschool as normal tomorrow if he's ok in himself. They have e same 48 hour exclusion policy as I do. I know the ladies that run the playgroup well and am feeling torn as to whether it is my place to say anything. What would you do? Would you mention squishy poos with me today or just leave it for the parents to tell the truth? Obviously it won't be 48 hours even if no further incidents.

QualityCare
04-06-2014, 02:42 PM
If l saw the child l would probably say something along the lines of, oh l am surprised to see x here l had to send him home unwell yesterday, if staff ask why then l would say why.

loocyloo
04-06-2014, 03:14 PM
As I have permission to share details with other settings children in my care attend and knowing the likelyhood of this child being sent having been ill, I would mention it to preschool.

I would also say loudly in hearing of staff that I was surprised to see child there.

line6
04-06-2014, 05:28 PM
I also have permissions in place but wasn't sure. As it happens the mum has messages me asking what I think she should do about playschool. I said I would have excluded if he was coming here and that I suspect had he been there today instead of with me they would enforce their policy. She asked about Friday and I said it's still within 48 hours. I really think she's annoyed wi me for not saying just go to playschool I won't say anything but I know I've done the right thing. First time I've had to do this - it's hard to stick to your guns!

line6
05-06-2014, 08:54 AM
Got some very sarky comments from mum on the school run this morning. Child is 'obviously' fine and 'he probably ate a snail'!! She's clearly very irritated with me. First time I've had to deal with anything like this and feeling a bit flat :( I know I'm in the right though so trying to power through.

mrs robbie williams
05-06-2014, 08:58 AM
Ate a snail ????!!!!! first time I've heard that as an excuse lol x

shortstuff
05-06-2014, 11:26 AM
Stay strong and know you have done the right thing.

I got accused of causing an 8 month old to projectile vomit by not winding him after solids. I nearly fell over laughing.

line6
05-06-2014, 01:15 PM
Have since found out she's been in to playschool to 'let them know she's not happy'. Honestly why can't she just be pleased her child isn't really poorly??!! All the ladies there are right behind me though so if she says anything I will politely remind her she is free to choose her Childcare provider IF she can find one that is more suitable. Thanks everyone!