PDA

View Full Version : HELP

lainey
04-06-2014, 09:44 AM
:panic:Hi, I need advice please. I am wanting to put my fees up and was thinking 50p and hour, is this a reasonable amount or far too much? I am the lowest paid in the area by at least 70p per hour and am wanting to catch up a little bit. TIA for your feedback :)

watford wizz
04-06-2014, 09:02 PM
Any changes you make are your choice and this one does not seem unreasonable but only you know your families, some will question it and even a small increase can add up over a month. That's not to say you shouldn't you just might think about doing it in 2 25p increases over a bit longer period that you've pre warned parents about?
You also need to be ready to answer why the increase. I know all our costs have increases, has/electric, food, etc but parents often forget we have to pay for these and other overheads they think our gross is our wage x

samb
04-06-2014, 09:35 PM
It depends how you charge. I charge to the 15 mins which means I need an hourly rate to split easily in quarters and 50p doesn't so I would go up by 40p. But that is the only reason

blue bear
05-06-2014, 09:06 PM
I tend to put my rate up for new customers or whenever parents request a change in contract so a 50p increase wouldn't matter. I could imagine that increase for an existing parent would be a bit much, maybe do half now and give advance notice for six months for the other Half?