PDA

View Full Version : General moan -14 month old cries at sleeptime/parenrs not paying

KatieFS
02-06-2014, 01:31 PM
Hi all
I have new child in my setting. She has been with me about a month - wasn't here last week. I knew today would be tough!
She isn't settling too well. Still very grizzly at drop off collection time. Lots of tears today. She seems to stop for a bit, play then start again.
But main concern is that she won't sleep in travel cot, on the occasion she does eventually go off it's for 15 mins at most. I think she wakes up and realises where she is and sets her off again! Today I just ended up putting her in buggy and walking she went off. I'm thinking should I just do this in future and not bother with the cot! I stay outside the room and go in after 5 mins to settle. Mum says just leave her to cry... Obv I can't do that!

I see mum at swimming club and lo I think has always been clingy and shouty/grizzly. I think her older brothers ( 6 and 8) give her lots if attention pick her up. Dad also likes to pick her up. Although she doesn't particularly want to be picked up by me!
We are starting 2 sessions a week this week hoping this will help. Anyone had a child like this.

The thing that's really for my goat is that mum is late paying again - first one late, second one late. I also fond a note in lo bag saying please make sure she has enough to drink as she was thirsty. Implying I'm not giving her enough! Seriously!!! I am with holding water!!!?!
Lo always have enough to drink here, always on offer, always available. I'm sure it will get better, I'm pre menstrual. Doesn't help... Probably being paranoid! Ggrrrrrr
Sorry for the rant

alex__17
02-06-2014, 01:45 PM
I had a lo who wouldn't sleep in travel cot, sounds similar to you but he was 16 months so slightly older.

He goes off in buggy though, so I park it in the hallway and leave him there, he's comfy and I can check on him and he gets a decent nap, mum is happy with it as she'd rather he sleep than not.

tess1981
02-06-2014, 01:53 PM
Pop a note in child's bags saying please make sure you send your money lol but serious put a letter in the bag with a copy of late fees policy and tell parents there is a letter in the bag :)

Koala
02-06-2014, 02:16 PM
Don't take it to heart - some parents just have to make comments - I had one parent ask me to make sure her son chews his food!! :panic: among other crackpot comments. It's a bit rude sticking a note in bag for you to FIND. I like tes1981 idea :D

KatieFS
02-06-2014, 04:34 PM
Thank you all! So good to have a moan and have you guys understand!
Pre menstral and getting the hump with nit being paid on time.
But parent redeemed herself - paid thus afternoon.
Had after schoolers this pm and she def got better. She is used to it being busy
I'll see how she is over nxt couple of weeks

greanan
02-06-2014, 05:46 PM
I had a lo who wouldn't sleep in travel cot, sounds similar to you but he was 16 months so slightly older. He goes off in buggy though, so I park it in the hallway and leave him there, he's comfy and I can check on him and he gets a decent nap, mum is happy with it as she'd rather he sleep than not.

Yup I've one the exact same. I always think as long as they sleep, they can sleep whenever they prefer

rickysmiths
02-06-2014, 09:51 PM
People who pay late get 3 strikes with me and then they are charged a £5 per day late fee (as stated in their Contract and in my Fees and Payments Policy), no exceptions.

KatieFS
03-06-2014, 11:49 AM
I like that Ricky - fair as they get a chance.