PDA

View Full Version : Potential New Mindee

cherina99
01-06-2014, 01:44 PM
Looking for some advice please.

I have a new family coming to look around next weekend, haven't had anyone new come to look round for over a year so i'm a little nervous.

They have a 7 month old and they would be needing 2 days a week but they don't need it to start until 1st of August so i would be charging a
deposit to hold their place until then.

I have never had to do this before so i'm really unsure on how much to charge, i don't want to say something to high and put them off because i really need this extra work as i'm kind of struggling right now.

Any advice would be great.

Kiddleywinks
01-06-2014, 02:22 PM
Deposits are usually around 1 week or 1 months expected fees, and is then used against the first week/month of fees, or held until the last week/month and used towards the notice period. If a parent doesn't start the contract as agreed, the deposit is unrefundable. If you decide to not start the contract, you refund the deposit and any retainer paid
A retainer is usually half of the expected fees and is not refundable unless you decide between now and the start date not to begin the contract.
The retainer is to cover your loss of income between now and the actual start date as you will not be able to fill the reserved spaces.

HTH

moggy
01-06-2014, 02:33 PM
4 weeks fees as a refundable deposit is common, that is what I do.

angeldelight
01-06-2014, 03:01 PM
I think everyone is different and you have to do what is right for you

I charge a week deposit or at least £50 and get parents to sign a form to confirm it's paid and that it will come off their first weeks fee

I also say it's none refundable if they change their mind

Good luck I hope you get the job ....let us know

Angel xxx

cherina99
01-06-2014, 05:05 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone, I was thinking of doing 2 weeks fees which would be a £120 so I think I will stick with that.

tigwig
01-06-2014, 06:00 PM
That is what I do. 2 weeks fees to secure the place and I take it off the first month's invoice. Good luck with it all :)