PDA

View Full Version : moving to the UK and starting as a childminder

Fleur Trenson
01-06-2014, 02:21 AM
Hi, I'm Fleur. I'm Belgian, and my partner in English. After being in a relationship for quite some time now, we're dicided to move in together. I'll be moving to the UK next winter. I'd like to become a childminder, as I have 2 little girls of my own who I then will only see during the school vacations and therefor I really wanted a job I can do from home. I have a Belgian diploma as an educator, so I do have some expierince in the field already too. I checked the local FIS and they said I can do the pre registration course even before I officially more, so whists I'm on visit in the UK. Same fore the paediatric first aid classes. I'm still waiting for a reply from PACEY to see if I can start the CYPOP5 course early too. The DBS and medical check will have to wait untill I officially make the move. If I get it right, after I have all that I can apply for registration to Ofsted, right? Can anyone give me an indication how long it takes from that point, to the point where I can actually start looking after children? Or other usefull tips? Also, can I already start on the course for the level 3 diploma before Ofsted visits me? Or do I need to wait? I really just want to get up and running as fast as possible ;)