PDA

View Full Version : St Johns Ambulance Ped First Aid??

Starfish007
31-05-2014, 12:16 PM
Does anyone know is St Johns Ambulance Pediatric first aid training is local authority approved? x

moggy
31-05-2014, 12:28 PM
Does anyone know is St Johns Ambulance Pediatric first aid training is local authority approved? x

Depends on your Local Authority- each one decides what they 'approve'. You need to ask them.

Starfish007
31-05-2014, 12:45 PM
Ok thanks, will ring Monday x

Simona
31-05-2014, 02:46 PM

From Sept 2014 you can buy FA wherever you like ...as long as it is the 12 hrs Paediatric for the EY sector...as stated in EYFS 2014
All first aid is delivered according to St John's Ambulance or the Red Cross who decide on the contents alongside someone in the govt to do with Health I think

LA approved means it is the trainer who is approved by your LA because they have a contract with them to deliver to their local providers...free or otherwise
the procedures for FA such as resuscitation...are universal across the country and not based on individual LAs rules or conditions...so from Sept we can shop around and get trained where we think it suits us best

Several years ago I could not get on my LA FA training so went somewhere else for approved FA sector training...just as valid

Starfish007
31-05-2014, 03:29 PM
I need to do the course in June though, my LA are a pain as they say it has to be approved by them but they hardly provide any courses. Im going to ring them Monday and see what they say x

Simona
31-05-2014, 04:04 PM
I need to do the course in June though, my LA are a pain as they say it has to be approved by them but they hardly provide any courses. Im going to ring them Monday and see what they say x

Until Sept 2014 it has to be approved by them...you are right...so the course in June is compliant to the current EYFS
All that is happening is that you are in the middle of it in June while your current certificate expires within 3 days...I am in the same boat as you and there is nothing I can do as there are no courses during the summer holidays

Hope they can be of help to you...I'll let you know what mine says when I call them tomorrow

FloraDora
31-05-2014, 08:05 PM
Staffordshire definitely approve. I trained with St John's.