PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use dropbox for photos?

alex__17
30-05-2014, 09:48 PM
I never get around to putting photos onto cd as I take them on camera, phone and iPad, and I was thinking maybe I could use dropbox.

Does anyone share photos with parents this way?
How secure is it?

I've uploaded photos from my phone, put some into an album and can share that by sending a link (practised with sending my husband photos of our son!) - it seemed he could just view the album of photos I'd sent.

Is this secure enough to send parents a similar link of their children?

Bumble Beez
31-05-2014, 06:27 AM
I can't help I'm afraid...although I do use Dropbox for personal photos and documents and think its great!
I can share albums and documents with family/friends and as far as I have ever experienced the link only gives access to what you have allowed to be shared.
I think it would be a good idea to use albums to share with parents...although maybe just get a permission slip signed which states they are happy for you to use Dropbox for uploading and sharing their children's pictures :thumbsup:

Sarah x

alex__17
31-05-2014, 06:52 AM
Good idea, I'll ask them if they're happy for me to use it to share photos with them, it's so quick, I could add photos at the end of the day in seconds if they go for it! At the moment I sometimes email or text photos but no where near the amount I take, and if it were me I'd love to see the photos of my child having fun.

Bumble Beez
31-05-2014, 07:56 AM
Hope it works as well as it should for you :thumbsup:

Sarah x