PDA

View Full Version : Mayflower dbs

jadavi
30-05-2014, 05:33 PM
Hi I was applying for an assistant thru Ofsted and got routed to the mayflower services for the dbs
I paid £66 and we got the check back.
Ofsted now says they don't work with mayflower and I have to do another through capita!!!
Has anyone else had this?
Total waste of money and time
And it came through Ofsted!!
SO mad :(

jadavi
30-05-2014, 08:40 PM
Any ideas anyone?

Bumble Beez
31-05-2014, 06:37 AM
How long ago was this?
When my assistant applied for her DBS it was automatically linked to the Capita website, and that was last year.
My hubby and my new DBS checks that we've had done to re-register were through Capita also, that was beginning of this year.
If Ofsted wanted you to use Mayflower but now won't accept I would argue that they need to pay for the new DBS check...as it was their mistake.
All the application paperwork I have seen from Ofsted states that they use Capita.
Confused!

Sarah x

jadavi
31-05-2014, 07:53 AM
Thanks
It was this week it just came to light but we did it two months ago and have been waiting for Ofsted clearance.

Yeh also confused. I was on the Ofsted website.
All I can think of is a mayflower ad popped up
I thought I had remembered seeing someone on the forum mentioning Mayfair services.

Pixie dust
31-05-2014, 07:58 AM
I just had to do DBS for my son who turned 16 in April and it was through capita. all the info Ofsted sent stated Capita. Like you said maybe a pop up came on your pc and you followed the wrong link so unfortunately it will be classed as your own mistake.

Simona
01-06-2014, 11:53 AM
Thanks
It was this week it just came to light but we did it two months ago and have been waiting for Ofsted clearance.

Yeh also confused. I was on the Ofsted website.
All I can think of is a mayflower ad popped up
I thought I had remembered seeing someone on the forum mentioning Mayfair services.

Mayflower is certainly a company that does DBS...it pops up when googled...as do many others
Ring Capita and explain what has happened and get their advice

Dcfs Disclosures - Home (http://www.dcsf-disclosures.co.uk/)

jadavi
03-06-2014, 05:19 PM
Thanks

They have told me there's nothing to be done except do it again thru Capita :(

Bumble Beez
03-06-2014, 06:42 PM
Thanks They have told me there's nothing to be done except do it again thru Capita :(

Oh no...what a shambles...angry for you x

Sarah x

Simona
03-06-2014, 08:47 PM
Thanks

They have told me there's nothing to be done except do it again thru Capita :(

Did Mayflower not ask who you were?
if they had and you said you were a cm surely they should not have proceeded with the check and directed you to Capita...I would ask them and see if you can get your money back