PDA

View Full Version : Nursery rhymes and singing and action songs

Tulip
30-05-2014, 10:32 AM
Good morning all,
I am wondering if anyone would like to share their favourite nursery rhymes and singing action songs.
I am interested in building up a collection of number songs and action type songs for my under two's.
Have a lovely weekend all :)

tulip0803
30-05-2014, 12:20 PM
Mine love See the bunnies sleeping/hop little bunnies - it is on a constant repeat until I lose my voice. We have made lots of new verses up.:D

Dingle dangle scarecrow, heads shoulders knees and toes, if you're happy and you know it, ring a roses, peter rabbit has a fly upon his nose

Because I am in Wales I also do Welsh ones, Pen, ysgwythau, coes a troed (head, shoulders, legs and feet), clap,clap un, dau,tri (clap, clap, 1,2,3), Troi ein dwylo (turn your hands), cylch rosanau (ring a roses), un llaw y fynni (one arm up) - Welsh members please excuse spelling

AliceK
30-05-2014, 02:03 PM
Ten little monkeys jumping on the bed.

xxx

FloraDora
30-05-2014, 03:30 PM
Spaceman Sid from the Vo Fletcher action songs.
Quite old now but my Lo's love it ...and Earlybirds.

hectors house
30-05-2014, 03:42 PM
5 little monkeys swinging in a tree, along came a crocodile as hungry as can be
5 little ducks went swimming one day
5 currant buns in a bakers shop
1,2,3,4,5 once I caught a fish alive
10 fat sausages sizzling in a pan
When I was one, I sucked my thumb the day I went to sea, I jumped aboard a pirate ship and the captain said to me etc
One man went to mow, went to mow a meadow
5 little men in a flying saucer
5 little speckled frogs sat on a speckled log
10 green bottles
There were 10 in the bed and the little one said
One potato, two potato etc

amylouise867
30-05-2014, 04:38 PM
I had a little turtle his name was Tiny Tim,
(Put hand up on the side and wiggle like a fish)
I put him in the bath tub to see if he would swim,
(Dive your hand into the 'water')
He drank up all the water,
(Imitate drinking)
He ate a bar of soap,
(Imitate eating)
Tried to get out but had a bubble in his throat,
(Wiggle fingers on your throat)
Bubble bubble bubble
(Arms wide and as you say bubble bring them in closer - wide, medium, place together don't clap)
Bubble bubble bubble
(Same again - wide, medium, place together)
Bubble bubble bubble
(Same again)
Bubble bubble POP
(Same again but POP you clap your hands)

Goes down a treat here :) there are some videos of it on you tube - American versions mind you but you will be able to get the rhythm of the tune

xxx

Tulip
30-05-2014, 09:41 PM
Thanks everyone, thats really helpful :)

jackie 7
30-05-2014, 10:54 PM
Fantastic just need to make a list.

bunyip
31-05-2014, 08:57 PM
Mine love See the bunnies sleeping/hop little bunnies - it is on a constant repeat until I lose my voice. We have made lots of new verses up.:D

Dingle dangle scarecrow, heads shoulders knees and toes, if you're happy and you know it, ring a roses, peter rabbit has a fly upon his nose

Because I am in Wales I also do Welsh ones, Pen, ysgwythau, coes a troed (head, shoulders, legs and feet), clap,clap un, dau,tri (clap, clap, 1,2,3), Troi ein dwylo (turn your hands), cylch rosanau (ring a roses), un llaw y fynni (one arm up) - Welsh members please excuse spelling

Hey, you do all my favourites (ok, so I don't do them in Welsh. Being Welsh, do you find yourself singing rugby songs until they start to understand them? :rolleyes: )

We also do:
All the little ducks go upside down (aka The detatched retina song)
Bouncing up and down on an avocado-green tractor (edit according to choice of fave colour palette)
Down in the forest where nobody goes (fairy song)
Little fly on the wall (the nicki-nox song)

bunyip
31-05-2014, 09:01 PM
Btw, I recently picked up a charity shop copy of a book, 'This Little Puffin' - a reprint of an action song/rhyme/etc. book we used at school. Not sure if it's still in print.

Anyone else got any book suggestions? :huh:

tulip0803
31-05-2014, 10:32 PM
Hey, you do all my favourites (ok, so I don't do them in Welsh. Being Welsh, do you find yourself singing rugby songs until they start to understand them? :rolleyes: )

)

I'm Saes (English) and struggle with Welsh - can sing the kiddie songs songs though:rolleyes:

Have a 2 yo who does a lovely loud rendition of "Oggy oggy oggy oi oi oi" just to make me jump I think:D

And DD2 went through a stage of singing sosban fach