PDA

View Full Version : Emergency pack/folder

*Jigsaw*
29-05-2014, 12:18 PM
Hi All

I just wondered if you have an emergency pack/folder in case of fire or other reason for evacuation ? If so what do you put in it and where is it located ? I was going to make one and put it by the front door.

my contents so far:

nappies & wipes
emergency contact details sheet for children in my care
spare car key & house key

cant realistically put a spare mobile in the pack as I'm not rich enough to have two, but generally there's a neighbour around if I didn't have mine ?

would love to hear your thoughts

watford wizz
29-05-2014, 12:56 PM
I also have a full set of house keys and a bottle of drinking water x

*Jigsaw*
29-05-2014, 01:03 PM
ah good idea about the drinking water :thumbsup:

Dragonfly
29-05-2014, 04:46 PM
I do wonder if that is going dare I say a bit OTT :( unless you live in the middle of nowhere, there are neighbours.friends etc.

watford wizz
29-05-2014, 05:35 PM
The bottled water came from an incident where child and I went to hosp, parents couldn't get there and I didn't want to leave child to go get drink. A drink for me was rightly not priority but after 4 hrs part holding hot sweaty child with out one is now included in my emergency/ fire bags. My friends and neighbours would of course have given me water but in this incident there wasn't time x

rickysmiths
29-05-2014, 06:25 PM
I have a bag in the boot of my car it is always there when I have minded children in the house or car.

My evacuation plan is to get out of the house and to put the children in the car where they are contained, safe, warm and dry and I can just take the hand break off and coast out of my drive before I have to start the car and park across the road from the house.

I my bag I have:

Biscuits and cereal bars

Water and plastic cups and straws If I have a baby I put in a Platex Bottle that has disposable sterile liners and a sterilized teat and a carton of whichever formular they are on.

Nappies wipes etc

Anti bac gel

Paper towel and a couple of carrier bags or peddle bin liners

Socks (in case we leave without shoes)

A few books toys appropriate to the children in my care at the time, paper and pencils/crayons

I also always have in my car a Space Blanket per child, High Vis jackets, at least 2 fleece blankets and a First Aid Box

I have my car and house key by the Front Door and I have the back door keys and a car key by the back door

I have all the emergency contacts in my phone, in a little book I carry, in a sealed emergency folder by the back door and in my Attendance Rgeister so I should be able to grab one of them!

Simona
29-05-2014, 09:07 PM
I do wonder if that is going dare I say a bit OTT :( unless you live in the middle of nowhere, there are neighbours.friends etc.

Agree...in emergencies it is worth contacting other cms who could offer back up and a place to go to or even neighbours to offers some space while we contact parents for collection etc etc

Most cms tell parents who they would contact in an emergency...don't see the point of just getting in a car...where would we go? and what would it achieve?