PDA

View Full Version : task 2 - someone please help me

michelle1984
28-05-2014, 08:30 PM
Hi all,
im pulling my hair out and cant response to this:
Message from marker:
however these policies and procedures need expanding. You might like to read through the sections of the Safeguarding and Welfare Requirements of the EYFS framework as that will give you information as to what need to be in each policy, in particular the Safeguarding policy. You appear to have written policies but written some information as answers to the criteria, this information needs to be within the specific policy it relates to. As good practice each policy should have a section at the end that allows for names/signature/date for both you and the parents/carers to complete and you should also have a review date.

what must i do now?

shortstuff
28-05-2014, 08:40 PM
Sounds like they dont want an essay but just your policies uploaded?

rickysmiths
29-05-2014, 12:56 AM
Just a tip. Instead of all of you signing each individual Policy which takes ages create a Policy document which names and numbers the Policies. Then have a sheet which lists all the Policies and a phrase like 'I have read, understand, have received a copy of and agree to all the above Policies numbered XXXX to XXX and a copy of the Complaints Procedure.

I have an 8 page document which contains my 13 Policies and then a Separate page with the Complaints Procedure on.

I actually list all my Permissions on the same sheet so one set of signatures a date and a review date are all that is needed.

It saves a lot of time when parents come to sign their Contract.

My document was accepted for Level 3.

Bumble Beez
29-05-2014, 04:40 AM
I agree with rickysmiths...I have a sheet with all policies and procedures numbered and listed where parents sign to confirm they have read and understood them...saves a lot of time and effort.

I have read the response as you need to tweak your policies/procedures so that they are workable documents for when you begin childminding.

There is a lot of sample policies floating around on the web, so maybe take a look at those.

If you are unsure tho I would contact your assessor and ask for clarification.

Sarah x

Bumble Beez
29-05-2014, 04:40 AM
Oh and I also have a review date for all my policies and procedures also x

Sarah x

Lal
29-05-2014, 05:08 AM
I am currently working on the corrections for my policies for this. I used the pacey template as a starting point. Within safeguarding I need to add- how I deal with allegations of abuse and the procedures I would follow, mobile phones and cameras, late collections and lost child.

I have been asked to submit each of the 6 policies (complaints, working with parents, equal opportunities, safeguarding, accidents illness and emergencies and behaviour) separately so to pass each one I think needs a sign and review section. When I'm using them in the 'real world' I'll produce a sheet for the signatures as the others have suggested. I may also separate some out into shorter policies.

Good luck :)

michelle1984
29-05-2014, 07:37 PM
Thank you so much ladies,
Im going to redo my essay and lay it out right :-)
and hopefully its good enough
xxx